Current March 2022 Cast Member Mask Status?

aliceindisneyland

DIS Veteran
If you have been in DL and/or DCA in March, 2022, or are a Cast Member with correct info, please share details on the status of Cast Members wearing masks during their work day at DL/DCA. I have seen the new info that no masks are required for Guests of any age, indoors or out, but I have found no info on the mask requirements for Cast Members, besides seeing a few outdoors Cast Members without masks on recent youtube trip reports.
Please just state facts and not opinions; accurate info would be very helpful. Some Guests who have visited recently might not have gone into a shop or eaten at an indoor restaurant; that is understandable, so don't feel like you need to know everything to chime in!
1. Are Cast Members wearing masks in outdoor rides?
2. Are Cast Members wearing masks at counter service restaurants?
3. Are Cast Members wearing masks at indoor shops?
4. Are Cast Members wearing masks at indoor dining?
4.b. And what about dining that has both indoor and outdoor seating?
5. Are Bag Line/Security Cast Members wearing masks?
6. Are Cast Members wearing masks at indoor rides?

Thanks for any and all info you can provide.

I'm just curious why it's important ?

Is it because you don't feel comfortable around those that aren't wearing them?
I only ask out of pure curiosity because it's a bit of an odd thing to ask in such detail.
But also just wanted to add even if all cast members were masked inside and out..you cannot control what other guests are doing since you will come into contact with multiple people.

Honestly videos and such would probably be mist accurate as you already stated.

We were there march 20-24 and most CMs were wearing masks both indoor and out. If I had to estimate, I would say that it was 95% masked and 5% not masked, with the majority of the non-masked CMs outdoors.

Edited to add: we stayed at the Grand Californian, rode almost everything, went into all the shops, and ate at a bunch of QS and TS places.

I only ask out of pure curiosity because it's a bit of an odd thing to ask in such detail.
But also just wanted to add even if all cast members were masked inside and out..you cannot control what other guests are doing since you will come into contact with multiple people.

Agreed. I find it extremely odd that the OP is asking what the employees are doing about masks.

We were there march 20-24 and most CMs were wearing masks both indoor and out. If I had to estimate, I would say that it was 95% masked and 5% not masked, with the majority of the non-masked CMs outdoors.

Edited to add: we stayed at the Grand Californian, rode almost everything, went into all the shops, and ate at a bunch of QS and TS places.
We were there just before you and I would agree with this estimate.

no masks are required for Guests of any age, indoors or out

That's not a factually correct statement. There are mask requirements at Disney parks, but mask mandates are very limited. First Aid mandates masking. Indoor transportation requires masking. I was told by another DisBoard member, in a different thread, that the baby care center requires masking (although I haven't seen an official statement from Disney).

Masks or no masks, I'm thankful that the CMs are at the park and providing services and help to all of us guests so that we can have a most excellent Disney vacation.

I was there last week, and I agree with the above estimates mostly. the biggest summary is: If I saw a CM without a mask, it was outside. However, I wasn't watching for this, so it's certainly possible that there were CM's without masks indoors.

I am pretty sure cast members are required to wear masks indoors. I received a survey after my trip asking if we felt more comfortable because cast members were required to wear masks indoors. Looking back, I don’t remember seeing any CMs not wearing a mask indoors, and very few maskless outdoors.

CMs are allowed basically to do whatever outdoors but I believe they are required to wear masks indoors. As of the beginning of this month, my impression is that about 1/4 of CMs outside not including performers who are pretty much all not masked are not wearing masks. For outdoors CMs, my feeling is that character hosts are less likely to wear masks compared to guest flow CMs.

The vast majority of CMs (90%+) are wearing reusable cloth masks issued by Disney while guests who wear masks which is now a minority are more likely to wear surgical masks or disposable masks with ratings (ex N95).

Cast members must wear masks indoors. Outdoors is optional. Guests are required to wear them in the First Aid and Baby Care, as they are considered a health facility, and CA requires them in health facilities still.

While we are vaxxed, we still wear masks in queues and stores.

I do not want to set off a freakout thread (in either direction) so I purposefully did not state my reasons for wanting this info. I am just looking for facts from people who have visited this month. Thanks!

I do not want to set off a freakout thread (in either direction) so I purposefully did not state my reasons for wanting this info. I am just looking for facts from people who have visited this month. Thanks!
Your level of questioning Disney Cast Member policies set off enough red flags already.

What I don't (honestly/not sarcastic) understand is why you would be extremely concerned with what CM's are doing, when you'll be around 50,000+ unmasked guests inches away from you, coughing and sneezing all day in lines. How will masked or unmasked CM's affect your visit?

Last edited:
Your level of questioning Disney Cast Member policies set off enough red flags already.

What I don't (honestly/not sarcastic) understand is why you would be extremely concerned with what CM's are doing, when you'll be around 50,000+ unmasked guests inches away from you, coughing and sneezing all day in lines. How will masked or unmasked CM's affect your visit?
OP has stated they won't divulge their reason for asking the question. You don't need to understand why OP is asking at all.

I'm not the OP, but I can think of one reason.
I'm really careful to mask up at places where the employees are masked. I feel disrespectful of them if I don't. I just like to convey the message that I care about their health and appreciate that they care about ours.
May be silly, but that's what I do. I guess we're all wading through these waters in different ways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter