Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

Can I ask how did you get the 18 month pay over time with 0 fees? I have the chase Sapphire card, but I cannot find details about it this anywhere. Does it have to be a newly opened card?
No. It doesn't have to be a newly opened card and I would for sure call Chase before doing it (I will do this myself when we pull the trigger). In your account, there is usually a pay over time option for purchases over $100. If you click on that it will show you the monthly payments broken up into 6,12,18 months. If its a smaller amount but over $100 the options might be for 3,6,12 months only. Right now, for our account I have a charge there close to 1 K (from our recent Disney cruise) and when I click on the pay over time feature it is showing me 0 fees and 0 interest (I multiplied the monthly charge it was showing and it was coming up to be the total amount).

From what I've been researching Chase right now is allowing your first pay over time plan to be 0 fees. If you create another plan after that on the same credit card then they charge you a 1.72% fee.

Again, it probably depends on the account but it might be worth looking into. I wish Chase would advertise this feature with the 0 fees. AMEX has 0 fees promo as well from time to time and they clearly advertise it (we took advantage of this with AMEX last year).

Edited to add: the pay over time feature should appear right next to the actual charge over $100

No. It doesn't have to be a newly opened card and I would for sure call Chase before doing it (I will do this myself when we pull the trigger). In your account, there is usually a pay over time option for purchases over $100. If you click on that it will show you the monthly payments broken up into 6,12,18 months. If its a smaller amount but over $100 the options might be for 3,6,12 months only. Right now, for our account I have a charge there close to 1 K (from our recent Disney cruise) and when I click on the pay over time feature it is showing me 0 fees and 0 interest (I multiplied the monthly charge it was showing and it was coming up to be the total amount).

From what I've been researching Chase right now is allowing your first pay over time plan to be 0 fees. If you create another plan after that on the same credit card then they charge you a 1.72% fee.

Again, it probably depends on the account but it might be worth looking into. I wish Chase would advertise this feature with the 0 fees. AMEX has 0 fees promo as well from time to time and they clearly advertise it (we took advantage of this with AMEX last year).

Edited to add: the pay over time feature should appear right next to the actual charge over $100
Thanks! I will look into this. I didn’t have any large charge on this card because we are putting everything on a different card right now.

I would like to thank/curse this thread for giving me something to think about. So much so that we are considering buying a fixed week at RR because of the magical beginnings offer. We are december use year so we would get those 2022 points which helps bring the cost down significantly. Also considering renting out 2023 points to make the cost even better. Was considering poly resale but haven't found any seller/broker wanting to go near what we are comfortable with. I like the Poly more than RR, but not by much, but we also own at vgf and blt. We want a fall week, for F&W, so RR is more convenient than Poly. Also think Poly is easier to book at 7 months compared to RR, not sure of it will always be that way. Wish I knew if Poly2 will be same vs new association... tough decisions.. but fun.

I would like to thank/curse this thread for giving me something to think about. So much so that we are considering buying a fixed week at RR because of the magical beginnings offer. We are december use year so we would get those 2022 points which helps bring the cost down significantly. Also considering renting out 2023 points to make the cost even better. Was considering poly resale but haven't found any seller/broker wanting to go near what we are comfortable with. I like the Poly more than RR, but not by much, but we also own at vgf and blt. We want a fall week, for F&W, so RR is more convenient than Poly. Also think Poly is easier to book at 7 months compared to RR, not sure of it will always be that way. Wish I knew if Poly2 will be same vs new association... tough decisions.. but fun.
You're welcome / My apologies!

Yeah, after crunching the numbers enough I could pass this up. And I don't mind renting out those '23 points which really does bring it down a whole nother level even after the MB reduction.

I would be happy to see Poly 2 be the same association as Poly 1, but I won't be surprised at all to see it as a separate association and then have the same RIV restrictions.

Sounds like you've already got the monorail area covered. If you're hankering for being close to Epcot now then that makes it easier to pick. And you could always use those RIV points at Poly2, if it's got those restrictions.

As of yesterday afternoon I have been told the Visa discount was approved. We went through the payment info over the phone and was told it'd be out for signing. The numbers reflected the $1250 bonus discount.

Still waiting for the docs and I imagine with all the VDH sales the past few days and hearing of backups that it could be a day or two to see this in writing. I don't want to jinx myself, but it seems our Guide got it done. As soon as I have it in my hot little hands to sign I will update.
I emailed my guide about the $1250 hoping to get it for VDH but got the it's expired reply back. Do you think because you were adding on at VGF - perhaps that's why you got it as an exception? So jealous you were able to get it :)

Hi all,

Am I the process of buying into VDH, and put part of the downpayment on our Chase Sapphire Reserve. Am curious if the purchase will be classified as 'travel' to get the triple points. Our charge is temporary at the moment, so I can't tell if we'll get 1x or 3x points.

Curious if anyone else has had a downpayment charge go through and can let me know. Otherwise, I'll write back when I find out.

Cheers! :)

I emailed my guide about the $1250 hoping to get it for VDH but got the it's expired reply back. Do you think because you were adding on at VGF - perhaps that's why you got it as an exception? So jealous you were able to get it :)
I just got our docs through Docusign and am reading them now to confirm, but yes, no joke my Guide got us the extra $1250 discount. It's a total of $5250 ($4000 developer credit on 200 pts + $1250 Visa credit).

I wanted to wait and see it in writing and sure enough. I'm stoked!

Our Guide said when the deals expire, they're still there, just have to get them approved to be added. I imagine that's a generalization and simplification of what she did, but she did it.

Lean on your Guide again or give mine a call:

Luisenia “Lu” Bernatow
Vacation Club Guide
Direct Line: 407-827-5375
OR
Toll-Free Direct: 855-376-0244
Lu.Bernatow@disney.com

One additional question from @LittleBitGoofy’s 30-60-90 option— are dues prorated from day you sign or the 90 day close period? 🤔

When you buy a resort before it opens, your dues are prorated from the date of opening or first set of points whichever is later

For Feb to Sept UY, thst wlll be from the date it opens in September, but for October and Dec UY it will be the date those start.

When you pay it off does not impact what is owed for MFs

I'm told dues prorated from hotel opening--Sep 28-- so that's about 3 month's for 2023? Please correct me if I'm wrong but that's my understanding.
That's the same thing my guide told me. Since VDH isn't opening until late Sept. I would assume it's from the opening date thru Dec 31st, 2023.

Thanks! I will look into this. I didn’t have any large charge on this card because we are putting everything on a different card right now.
To add on what CherryDB already mentioned, I spoke with Chase because I'm hoping to use the Plan it option as well and the agent said to make sure you are offered the promo because not every one has the same promotion. I definitely do see it offered for all my charges over $100 so I'm hoping it will be pretty straightforward. The other thing I wanted to mention is I split my points into 2 contract and my guide said it has to be 2 separate transaction then. The $0 fee I believe is only for your first time trying out the plan so something to keep in mind.

Hi all,

Am I the process of buying into VDH, and put part of the downpayment on our Chase Sapphire Reserve. Am curious if the purchase will be classified as 'travel' to get the triple points. Our charge is temporary at the moment, so I can't tell if we'll get 1x or 3x points.

Curious if anyone else has had a downpayment charge go through and can let me know. Otherwise, I'll write back when I find out.

Cheers! :)
I used my CSR as well because it has been reported to be classified as travel. Since it looks like you are a step ahead of me, please do report back when it is official on your account so I can feel better about putting a large chunk on this card for the extra points.

I used my CSR as well because it has been reported to be classified as travel. Since it looks like you are a step ahead of me, please do report back when it is official on your account so I can feel better about putting a large chunk on this card for the extra points.
I'm still thinking about doing this--would love to know what it classifies as when you do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter