Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are your thoughts about the 10/14/17 NYC Magic to Bahamas going GT for four people. I just counted 100 cabins (at least) availible. We have a reservation, but I'm considering cancelling it and hoping for GT. I could always rebook full price if it doesn't go GT...I'm just uncertain how much they may jack up the price after the PIF date (July 16)

Last year, DCL offered MTO and CAN discounts for the 10/15 cruise, but not *GT rates. As @cscream13 said, the 10/7 cruise had *GT. The 10/29 one had them too. I think availability was good on the 10/15 cruise last year too. So, I'm not really sure whether or not *GT rates will be offered.

For this year, it looks like there is good availability in veranda and insides on the 10/14 cruise, but less in oceanview. Of course, it could change for the better after PIF. Looking at cruisefish.net, for most categories, prices have not risen since opening day. Almost all categories are still available. I think there will be discounts, just not sure if they will be *GT.

I agree with @cruiser21. I don't think the prices will go up after PIF. You could wait to see what happens before PIF. If rates remain the same and there is good availability, you could consider canceling and waiting for a *GT. Last year, I noticed the CAN discounts on 7/20 and the MTO discounts on 7/28. I noticed the *GT rate for the 10/29 cruise on 8/16.

Speaking of Magic, NYC cruises, there is a DVC discount on the 10/2 Magic Canadian cruise. The information is on the DVC member web site in the News section. The discount is "...25% off prevailing tax-inclusive rates as quoted on disneycruise.com...Offer is valid only for categories 00T-11C." The news was posted on 5/16/17. You have to call Member Services to get the discount.

I saw this discount mentioned on another site, but couldn't find the information on the DVC web site until this morning.

Speaking of Magic, NYC cruises, there is a DVC discount on the 10/2 Magic Canadian cruise. The information is on the DVC member web site in the News section. The discount is "...25% off prevailing tax-inclusive rates as quoted on disneycruise.com...Offer is valid only for categories 00T-11C." The news was posted on 5/16/17. You have to call Member Services to get the discount.

I saw this discount mentioned on another site, but couldn't find the information on the DVC web site until this morning.
For this discount, they require you to book at least 1 person with points. Talked to DH about this when the news was posted, with the value of our pts, it's still better to pay full price for the cruise. An oceanview room for this 4 nt cruise (before the 25% discount) is 165-195pts...for 166 pts we've stayed at the Grand Floridan Villas for 1 week...with 4 people in the room. Rack rate for the hotel was $5000. In addition to your 165-195 pts for 1 person, to get a better deal, you're paying cash for persons 2, 3, 4. A 9B oceanview room for 4 people is $3600. The 'discount' is just not worth it. Now if they let you book everyone with cash, it would be a great deal!

For this discount, they require you to book at least 1 person with points. Talked to DH about this when the news was posted, with the value of our pts, it's still better to pay full price for the cruise. An oceanview room for this 4 nt cruise (before the 25% discount) is 165-195pts...for 166 pts we've stayed at the Grand Floridan Villas for 1 week...with 4 people in the room. Rack rate for the hotel was $5000. In addition to your 165-195 pts for 1 person, to get a better deal, you're paying cash for persons 2, 3, 4. A 9B oceanview room for 4 people is $3600. The 'discount' is just not worth it. Now if they let you book everyone with cash, it would be a great deal!

Thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize you had to use points for at least one. We only used points once, on our first cruise, when we didn't know any better!

I find most of the "discounts" lately to be not very good deals!

What are your thoughts about the 10/14/17 NYC Magic to Bahamas going GT for four people. I just counted 100 cabins (at least) availible. We have a reservation, but I'm considering cancelling it and hoping for GT. I could always rebook full price if it doesn't go GT...I'm just uncertain how much they may jack up the price after the PIF date (July 16)

We're in (on!!) the same boat as you and I've been considering the same. At this point, I'm going to stay put. I've got connecting rooms, one of which was booked with OBB, so I'm very hesitant to do anything even if *GT rates come out, but if the rate is that much better....

We're in (on!!) the same boat as you and I've been considering the same. At this point, I'm going to stay put. I've got connecting rooms, one of which was booked with OBB, so I'm very hesitant to do anything even if *GT rates come out, but if the rate is that much better....

Us too! We are on the Wonder at the end of July, so we are thinking of canceling and rebooking onboard. Also, my husband is eligible for the Military discount, so maybe we should wait and see if that's available. I'm not really sure what we will do.

Last year, DCL offered MTO and CAN discounts for the 10/15 cruise, but not *GT rates. As @cscream13 said, the 10/7 cruise had *GT. The 10/29 one had them too. I think availability was good on the 10/15 cruise last year too. So, I'm not really sure whether or not *GT rates will be offered.

For this year, it looks like there is good availability in veranda and insides on the 10/14 cruise, but less in oceanview. Of course, it could change for the better after PIF. Looking at cruisefish.net, for most categories, prices have not risen since opening day. Almost all categories are still available. I think there will be discounts, just not sure if they will be *GT.

I agree with @cruiser21. I don't think the prices will go up after PIF. You could wait to see what happens before PIF. If rates remain the same and there is good availability, you could consider canceling and waiting for a *GT. Last year, I noticed the CAN discounts on 7/20 and the MTO discounts on 7/28. I noticed the *GT rate for the 10/29 cruise on 8/16.

Thank you everyone! I'm considering moving my OBB discount to this cruise and just keeping a regular reservation so we can have a chance at a cabana. I'll wait until closer to make that call. We have four (2A/2K) for the room so that makes GT even more iffy. :)

There haven't been many changes in discounts lately, but there is a new FLR today.

FLR (4)

7/15/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $4,274 FLR/O $4,344 FLR/V $4,694
7/22/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $4,010 FLR/O $4,094 FLR/V $4,402
7/29/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $3,952 FLR/O FLR/V $4,344
8/5/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $3,800 FLR/O FLR/V $4,108 (new)

Nothing new for MTO, just a few cruises dropped off.

MTO (4)

7/15/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, MTO/I $4,274 MTO/O $4,344 MTO/V $4,694
7/22/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, MTO/I $3,926 MTO/O $4,010 MTO/V $4,220
7/29/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, MTO/I $3,952 MTO/O MTO/V $4,344
8/5/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, MTO/I $3,800 MTO/O $3,884 MTO/V $4,108

We just passed final payment on the beginning of the Fall 7-day cruises, Historically, it seemed like we saw discounted rates being offered right after the 75-day final payment date. Now that final payment is due at 90 days out on the regular 7-day cruises, perhaps we will see discounts offered sooner? Will be interesting to monitor.

I wanted to get thoughts about doing the 7 day Galveston cruise the week before Christmas. I see it went last year to GTO in late September, but what about availability for four in a room? We may end up doing two and three if my mom goes. I am not picky and would do Insid, OV or Balcony of the price was good enough.

We have to fly so I am wondering if it is better to book flights and the cruise now because the cruise savings wouldn't be worth it or\available.

Thoughts?

I booked airfare on points with southwest so that it was refundable if Disney Galveston cruises didn't have a good sale price.
But there was a good sale price and it all worked out.
Southwest goes into Houston-Hobby airport and it was a $100 taxi fare from airport to port.

I realize this cant completely be predicted, but how likely is the Fantasy 12/16 to go on sale? I just looked at how many rooms were available, and counted 60 inside, 46 oceanview, & 195 veranda open. I know that is a big ship, so maybe that isnt really alot in the grand scheme of things? Just curious.

I saw it went guarantee at that time last year. I just wonder about availability of 3 or 4 in room, but my guess is it will go- just at what price and which room types.

I just noticed a new *GT rate today.

9/27/17 5 night New England and Canada cruise on the Magic
IGT 2238, OGT 2398, VGT 3038

10/2/17 4 night Canada cruise on the Magic
IGT 1822, OGT 1950, VGT 2462

Rooms for four were available in all*GT categories!

Last edited:
Wow, saw some new Florida and military discounts on 7 night September cruises this morning. I don't qualify for either, but really good prices.

FLR (7)

7/15/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $4,274 FLR/O FLR/V (changed)
7/22/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $4,010 FLR/O $4,094 FLR/V $4,402 (changed)

7/29/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $3,952 FLR/O FLR/V $4,344
8/5/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $3,800 FLR/O FLR/V $4,108
9/9/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Halloween on the High Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $ FLR/O FLR/V $2,651 (new)
9/23/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Halloween on the High Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I $ FLR/O FLR/V $2,651 (new)
9/30/2017 Fantasy, 7-Night Halloween on the High Seas Western Caribbean Cruise from Port Canaveral, FLR/I FLR/O FLR/V $2,623 (new)

Edited to add the 9/23 cruise!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter