Current delays in receiving closing documents

Helenr

Earning My Ears
We are in the process of buying an additional resale contract.

We passed ROFR on 3/18, but we are still awaiting our closing documents.

We have been told the delay is being caused by Disney. It providing the information for the estoppels.

Is anyone else having the same delays?

Thanks

We are in the process of buying an additional resale contract.

We passed ROFR on 3/18, but we are still awaiting our closing documents.

We have been told the delay is being caused by Disney. It providing the information for the estoppels.

Is anyone else having the same delays?

Thanks

I passed ROFR on March 18. I contacted my closing company on April 7 and received my closing documents on April 8 (exactly three weeks after ROFR). I was told that Disney sent the account information over the weekend, followed by a fairly quick turnaround of the closing docs.

Yes, I'm waiting, too. I saw one person who passed on the 18th say they got their closing documents. There were a lot of us, and I don't think anyone else has received the paperwork yet.

I passed 3/18, received my closing docs last night (4/8). My "scheduled" closing date was originally 4/14 so now I have to hurry to overnight papers and cashiers check to make it on time.

I dont know why Disney would drag it out. All those points could be potential trips that would make them tons of money in park tickets, food, merchandise, etc.

I'm another one who passed ROFR 3/18 (after 32 days), got my closing papers 04/03.

I also was told that Disney was causing delays in getting the paperwork prepared after contracts passed ROFR. I asked on 03/26 and was told that the title company was still waiting for Disney to provide the info on 75 contracts that passed ROFR the week before me.

I'm yet another one who passed ROFR on 3/18. I just got my closing docs a few minutes ago.

On another thread on this site, a member posted last week that Disney had changed their software and so got behind on issuing the papers. (I'll refrain from making the obvious analogy!!)

I passed 3/18, received my closing docs last night (4/8). My "scheduled" closing date was originally 4/14 so now I have to hurry to overnight papers and cashiers check to make it on time.

I dont know why Disney would drag it out. All those points could be potential trips that would make them tons of money in park tickets, food, merchandise, etc.

Disney is like many small business units. DVC doesn't get any benefit when you buy anything other than a member experience, member cruise or a direct contract.

:earsboy: Bill

Passed ROFR 3/26 also and received closing docs today, exactly 2 weeks. Seems it is all over the map.

We also passed on 3/26 and broker told me the week after that Disney was slow in responding. I called the title co. on 4/8 and was told they were waiting on the estoppel and that it had just come in, so received closing doc first thing the next day. Our contract had a TBA closing date, so no hurry to get paperwork in as the sellers have to get their docs notarized.

Passed ROFR 3/26. Still no closing docs. Spoke to title company and they said hopefully next week. Purchased thru Timeshare Store

Passed ROFR on 3/18, still have not received closing docs. Check out Thread on ROFR & Resale Closing Timeline (thru Fidelity). Its seems that many Fidelity customers who passed on 3/18 got closing docs last week. I emailed TTS & Magic Vacation Title and was told I was on this weeks file and should receive docs this week. I'm still waiting.

I understand may Disney send large files to closing companies but if the volume is too high & the company can not support the demand, then perhaps they should hire additional staff.

Just received my closing docs. I guess the title company is working though a backlog.

We also passed on 3/26 and broker told me the week after that Disney was slow in responding. I called the title co. on 4/8 and was told they were waiting on the estoppel and that it had just come in, so received closing doc first thing the next day. Our contract had a TBA closing date, so no hurry to get paperwork in as the sellers have to get their docs notarized.
. Who did you purchase through?

Passed ROFR 3/18, received closing docs this morning from TT&M. They sound slammed and as frustrated with the delays as we are.

Closing docs arrived tonight.

I'm happy for you!

I sent back my documents today - hopefully the closing will be soon. I hope our ROFR group from 3/18 can all get into the system by 4/30 so we can take advantage of the discounted annual passes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter