• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Crowds?

ST1TCH

Eagerly anticipating our next trip to the World
Headed to San Diego in about a week and considering a trip to DL/CA either the weekend of August 5-6 or the weekdays of 7-8-9.

Curious what the crowds are like right now on weekends or weekdays?

Are you saying they don't allow locals on weekends? As we would possibly be bringing 3 locals with us...

Are you saying they don't allow locals on weekends? As we would possibly be bringing 3 locals with us...
Tink is referring to locals who have Disneyland annual passes. If your friends have those, they'll know which days they can't use them. If they don't have APs and will be buying DL tickets, they can go with you. (Or friends with APs can buy one-day passes.)

If you download the Disneyland App you can watch the crowds based on the wait times for rides. We will be in the parks 3-6th, so let's hope they are low for both of us!

Tink is referring to locals who have Disneyland annual passes. If your friends have those, they'll know which days they can't use them. If they don't have APs and will be buying DL tickets, they can go with you. (Or friends with APs can buy one-day passes.)
Thank you! Exactly what I meant! Sorry I didn’t elaborate….🤭

If you download the Disneyland App you can watch the crowds based on the wait times for rides. We will be in the parks 3-6th, so let's hope they are low for both of us!

Great idea! Doing that now. These times look great compared to WDW, but I'm sure these are higher than usual. Pulled it up to see only a 35min wait for Rise of the Resistance? What the what?? But many rides in both parks in the 55-70min world.

Great idea! Doing that now. These times look great compared to WDW, but I'm sure these are higher than usual. Pulled it up to see only a 35min wait for Rise of the Resistance? What the what?? But many rides in both parks in the 55-70min world.
I just looked (6 min after your post) and Rise is closed. Smugglers Run is 60 min.

Edit: 1 hr 15 min later and it just reopened with a wait time of 60 min.

Last edited:
Go on the weekend, fewer locals equals less crowds. Avoid Monday if all at possible. Sunday was the best day of my recent trip.
I agree about avoiding Monday … but two of the four Magic Keys (annual passes) are open for Saturdays and Sundays in August, so in theory the weekends could be busier than week days.

That said, I feel like a lot of people go during the week “to avoid the weekend crowds” which then leads to busier weekdays .

Either way, I think the OP should be good.

If you plan on getting Genie Plus, crowds right now are not big enough to affect you much

I just went, if you get there at rope drop the first two hours are amazing, then you start using LL and watching shows and honestly you should not be standing in many lines unless you show up to the parks in the middle of the day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter