Current crowd levels?

I am quite curious also. I'm going in a little over a week. I have been watching the wait times on the app and they seem lower but I'm not sure that tells the whole story.

We just got back last night. The wait times were not bad, but there still seemed to be a lot of people walking around in the parks. All of the Harry Potter areas were pretty packed.

It seems that with kids back in school it has been "slower" according to Rix Flix on YouTube - he is in the park almost every day and that has been saying

There's chatter in the WDW section of how severely the crowds dropped off this week. I'm curious to know if the same thing is happening at Universal as well.

Was there August 12th-16th, it wasn't bad at all, granted we did have Express Pass. The hogwarts areas were pretty packed but the other areas weren't. Velocicoasters wait didn't go over 60 minutes the whole time we were there, we rode it 4 times and didn't wait more then 45 minutes. With the 4 of us trying we were able to get hagrids virtual queue basically any time we wanted, and rode that 5 times in 2 and a half days. But with Express Pass we didn't wait more then 20 minutes for any ride, Gringots included.

Was there August 12th-16th, it wasn't bad at all, granted we did have Express Pass. The hogwarts areas were pretty packed but the other areas weren't. Velocicoasters wait didn't go over 60 minutes the whole time we were there, we rode it 4 times and didn't wait more then 45 minutes. With the 4 of us trying we were able to get hagrids virtual queue basically any time we wanted, and rode that 5 times in 2 and a half days. But with Express Pass we didn't wait more then 20 minutes for any ride, Gringots included.

Please please please let it be that way next month. :worship:

There's chatter in the WDW section of how severely the crowds dropped off this week. I'm curious to know if the same thing is happening at Universal as well.
We've been in both WDW and Universal parks over the last 2 weeks- way more crowded at Universal imo.

TommyJK, did you generate the graphs yourself or is there a website where that information is available?

We've been in both WDW and Universal parks over the last 2 weeks- way more crowded at Universal imo.

WDW fans are waiting for the 50th festivities...Universal does not have a big "once in a lifetime" event folks might wait for...

Plus, WDW has still not fully restarted APs...so, they will probably be having an unusually emptier few weeks til they get overwhelmed the last few days of September through the end of the year...

We've been going to the parks since Monday (30th) and nearly every ride has been a complete walk on. The longest we waited for Hagrid's was 30 minutes. And we've had a couple walk ons on that, too!
I expect crowds to pick up maybe today and tomorrow with the holiday weekend and HHN coming.

really starting to wonder what it will be like in mid September and if I should switch back to a non Fast Pass hotel.

Been here since Monday. D-E-A-D. All walk ons, with regular lines as short as Express, except for as noted Hagrids. Only time I’ve seen crowds this low was during a trip in January of 2001.

At Volcano Bay yesterday nearly everything was Ride Now all day. Headed to the Studios in a minute and will see if things have picked up.

I’ll be there the last 2 weeks of September. I usually buy the Premier Annual Pass just for the Express Pass that’s good after 4:00PM. But if everything is pretty much a walk on maybe I’ll get the Power Pass instead. If it’s crowded next April when I come back I’ll just buy the daily Express Pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter