• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agree and it used to be that way but we jumped Cruise Line and now sail more frequently for fewer $$$.
Very understandable. For us it’s not about the money because I get the CM rate, it’s that we’ve seen all the shows several times, been to all the destinations multiple times. After our family cruise in early Dec we’ll likely move on.

Cabana’s you can cut in line. It is not meant to follow along as it is stations. We are told that all the time.

Yeah other times ,elevator for sure people just go in and you were the only one waiting and fill it.
Hou are cuttibg the line if someone next to the person taking is food and you come from behind walking up and squeeze between the two people

And about the elevator nope quite a few occasions where mutliple ppl are waitibg and people walk up to the first available elevator leaving people that were waiting without a spot in the said elevator

Seems to be becoming quite frequent, based on various reports I've read.

Our 7 night on the Magic last Dec. was primarily first timers that booked last minute - the atmosphere was definitely different from our 3 prior cruises. Several CMs we talked to said they had never experienced a cruise like it before - they were quite frazzled & we felt sorry for them.
Hi I just finished my 1st Disney cruise ( and my first cruise ever) last month on Dream. I had a very good time but after reading this thread, seems first time cruiser are not very welcomed….?

I swear I didn’t treat CM badly (am also a former CM in HKDL and WDW years ago) but could you please elaborate more why ppl usually will have funny eyes on first time cruiser?

Sorry English is not my first language and I’m not sure if I explained myself clearly but I mean nothing to be rude.

Hi I just finished my 1st Disney cruise ( and my first cruise ever) last month on Dream. I had a very good time but after reading this thread, seems first time cruiser are not very welcomed….?

I swear I didn’t treat CM badly (am also a former CM in HKDL and WDW years ago) but could you please elaborate more why ppl usually will have funny eyes on first time cruiser?

Sorry English is not my first language and I’m not sure if I explained myself clearly but I mean nothing to be rude.
I am SO very sorry! It was not my intention to imply that first time cruisers aren't welcome.

The issue on that particular cruise was that most booked last minute without any knowledge of how the cruise would be. I don't want to go into details because I don't want to derail Mags' thread again.

Again, please accept my apologies.

I am SO very sorry! It was not my intention to imply that first time cruisers aren't welcome.

The issue on that particular cruise was that most booked last minute without any knowledge of how the cruise would be. I don't want to go into details because I don't want to derail Mags' thread again.

Again, please accept my apologies.
Thanks for your reply and no sorry please, you are very kind!

I just booked another ship in Nov 2024 on magic with hubby, he’s also a first time cruiser and don’t have any knowledge about cruise ( not too much about Disney too) but he’s a very easy going person and I think he should be ok!

btw may I ask if anyone knows if there will always be Rapunzel on magic for meet and greet please? She’s the reason why I choose Magic and really hope she will be there🥹

I just booked another ship in Nov 2024 on magic with hubby, he’s also a first time cruiser and don’t have any knowledge about cruise ( not too much about Disney too) but he’s a very easy going person and I think he should be ok!

btw may I ask if anyone knows if there will always be Rapunzel on magic for meet and greet please? She’s the reason why I choose Magic and really hope she will be there🥹
The Magic has a Rapunzel themed main dining room (and a theater show). Not sure what the restaurant meet and greet situation is currently like. We sailed the Magic in 2018 on a 7 nt cruise. Characters came to our table. I have pics with Rapunzel, Flynn, and Hook Hand. On a 7 nt they split up the dinner show into 2 nts...not sure if characters come to tables on shorter cruises or if they even started that part up again post Covid. But Rapunzel is definitely on the ship!!!

Your husband will be with you, and you know what to expect. :)
not sure if characters come to tables on shorter cruises or if they even started that part up again post Covid. But Rapunzel is definitely on the ship!!!
The complete show, with characters coming to the tables, is back. :)

@floralam62 welcome to DCL!
What was your role in the parks?
Rapunzel and I are good friends and we used to hang out a lot! She is currently on the Magic ☺️
Hi Mags! I was working in Merchandise for HKDL’s emporium and also Merchandise in Downtown Disney as ICP programme (it’s name is Disney Spring now). But that was many years ago LOL

I have read the 2 thread of you and knew you are good friend of Cindy and Rapunzel🥰 thanks for telling me that she’s on Magic that’s amazing!

If we give staff additional monetary amount by writing it on a sheet of paper and handing it to guest services, will staff know which families gave them that amount?

If we give staff additional monetary amount by writing it on a sheet of paper and handing it to guest services, will staff know which families gave them that amount?
Yes bevause the new alount will get printed on the slip vs the standard amount

You actually have to fill out a specific form and sign it. As Chipmunkmaniac said it will then be on the updated gratuity sheet which they usually give you right away.

I am thinking of booking on the Magic Jan 21, the 5 night western Caribbean. It has been a rough year, and I need my Disney fix, but a relaxing trip. (I am a rope drop to close, over-planning Disney fan.) This would be our first Disney cruise (DH and my 30th anniversary). I really want to visit Castaway Cay but we would be able to drive to Galveston, making this cruise easier.
So, my questions are:

Would it be okay to book a Guaranteed Verandah? I normally book a lower deck room because of motion sickness, but would really like the balcony.
Will we regret not going to Castaway Cay? My thought is if DH loves it, we will book another cruise with the whole family.
Any recommendations for Progreso? I think we will stay on board in Cozumel.
Any tips on getting Palo brunch?
What else should I research/plan? Planning is half the fun!

Thanks so much!

I am thinking of booking on the Magic Jan 21, the 5 night western Caribbean. It has been a rough year, and I need my Disney fix, but a relaxing trip. (I am a rope drop to close, over-planning Disney fan.) This would be our first Disney cruise (DH and my 30th anniversary). I really want to visit Castaway Cay but we would be able to drive to Galveston, making this cruise easier.
So, my questions are:

Would it be okay to book a Guaranteed Verandah? I normally book a lower deck room because of motion sickness, but would really like the balcony.
Will we regret not going to Castaway Cay? My thought is if DH loves it, we will book another cruise with the whole family.

Thanks so much!
If you want Palo Brunch on your first cruise, you will need to book a Concierge Level cabin.

So, my questions are:

Thanks so much!
If you are not able to book Palo brunch online, be sure to try once you get on board the Magic. They will have a location set up somewhere on embarkation day (typically one of the MDR’s), so be sure to ask a crew member where to go when you board.

If you want Palo Brunch on your first cruise, you will need to book a Concierge Level cabin.
This is NOT correct. I have done Palo brunch on my first and second cruise. Both times I got them by going to the dining team on Embarkation Day. On The Magic the dining were at Promenade Lounge which is now Soul Cat Lounge. On The Dream the dining team were at Enchanted Garden. They are there from about 12.30pm on Embarkation Day.

On my first cruise I was put on a waitlist and got the notification in the App about 5pm on Embarkation Day.

On my second cruise I got the reservation day and time straight away.

Both Palo brunch's were at 11.30am on the first sea day.

I will echo what others said that it's doable to get Palo brunch as a newbie DCL cruiser. Chances of getting Palo depend on length of sailing (how many days brunch is offered) and the mix of Castaway Club levels on the cruise. Longer cruises have a better shot, since brunch is offered more days. Rarer itineraries tend to have more higher-level Castaway Club members, which means many slots will get taken by them (as opposed to a common itinerary, which may have more silver or first-timers, so more slots would be available in the later booking windows).

Either way, if you don't get it ahead of time 1) keep checking back in the app/website. People may cancel as plans shift and 2) if that doesn't work, go to dining changes once you get on board. I've scored Palo brunch that way before.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter