• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a question:
We just disembarked from our Transatlantic a week ago and I loved the Crew Talent show. They were wonderful!

It was mentioned that they only perform during Transatlantic crossing. Is that true?

I was hoping that they would do it during the Hawaiian repositioning cruise since it also has 5 days at sea.
It is usually on longer cruises (TA and PC). I’m not sure about the Hawaiian repo but I would assume it is. I’ll see what I can find out

They had that show on one of our early cruises a hundred years ago but we never saw it again on later cruises. It was the most fun show on that cruise. We assumed that we’d see it on the next cruise and were looking forward to it but it never happened.
It’s always fun! And great that CMs who do not usually get to perform can have a go!

Is Asha from Disney's Wish gonna be appearing on any of the DCL meet and greets when Disney's Wish debuts in theaters? Mom and I are currently obsessed with Disney's Wish and I think it will be great

DD23 just got into the DCP at Disney world. She will be there from January to August. Any advice for her?
My DD did the DCP three years ago and REALLY enjoyed it. My advice: Go in with an open mind. Be like a sponge and soak up as much of the Disney culture as possible. There are so many opportunities/directions that this experience can take her. Have fun, but be patient. She doesn't need to determine her future in the first few weeks or months.

DM me if you'd like to talk more.

Kevin

DD23 just got into the DCP at Disney world. She will be there from January to August. Any advice for her?
Oh wow, tell her I said congratulations!! If she wants to chat, I would be happy to answer any questions she has. My biggest piece of advice is to connect with as many CMs as possible from across all departments and get in there and learn as much as she can about her role. I loved my time as a CP!

Last edited:
Oh wow, tell her I said congratulations!! If she wants to chat, I would be happy to answer any questions she has. She can pm me on here or if she would prefer to do it on Instagram, my Disney account is cmmags2002. My biggest piece of advice is to connect with as many CMs as possible from across all departments and get in there and learn as much as she can about her role. I loved my time as a CP!
Thanks! I'll share that info with her!

I have 2 daughters that did DCP, but that was over 20 years ago, so things may have changed. When the 2nd daughter was going, the older daughter told her to get an room with this most number of roommates. If I remember correctly, they had from 2 person to 8 person apartments that Disney provided. The reasoning was that the monthly cost was less for the 8 person, and since paychecks weren't huge, that would leave you with a little extra spending money.

The both enjoyed the experience, finished their last semesters after DCP and then went back for advanced internships (I think that has a different name now). After that they ended up working full time for Disney until they got married and moved out of the area.

As full time CMs, they did guest relations, and were VIP tour guides for part of that time and got to meet some interesting people.

Have read that the variety of Character meet & greets on the WBTA were cut back considerably, and that lines were very long. Has that been the case on the WBPC?

Did her time at WDW have any lasting effects or impact what she did afterwards?
Yes, as a matter of fact. She joined the DCL Entertainment Team right after graduation. Delivered the magic for one contract; joined WDW in a similar role for one year; and she's currently back on board DCL in Entertainment. Much like our friend Mags2002.

In short, huge, positive, lasting effects and impact. You might say she's "living the dream".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter