• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious why DVC Dashboard shows points balance for four UYs

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
I noticed that recently the Dashboard started showing points balances for four use years now.
This is odd to me because we can't use points that far into the future, right?

I wonder why they did this.

It is just an easy way for owners who are doing advance planning. Right now, all but Dec UY can borrow point through 2022 for reservations being booked in their 2021 UY, so having the info is nice.

Sure, it’s nice to see the points coming in the future but you can’t actually DO anything with 2023 UY points other than admire them.

Unless... is there an obscure way to use points that are 3 years in the future? I may need to go study RCI rules again...

Okay I stared at it and I guess they probably did it for symmetry.

Last edited:
Cruises can be booked 2 years in advance. I could book an April 2022 cruise and borrow 2023 (April use year).

4 years is available under My Vacation Points, they just made it available on the dashboard. I think it’s also there to eliminate confusion for people who think they have to wait for points to “Deposit” because they are not showing on the dashboard.

Aha! That’s what I didn’t know about because I’ve never looked into using my points for a cruise. That explains it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter