• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious...Do you take your kids out of school for cruise??

Yep. But both are in elementary and I give advance notice to the teacher. They don't miss any other days so 5 days in the course of a year are not a big deal (and allowed per the school policy).

Next year my oldest is in 6th so we'll be tied more closely to the school vacation calendar (I have my eye on an Eastern Caribbean cruise for spring break!)

Didn't even think about it in elementary school - now that both our kids are in middle school we don't do it because there is too much work to make up. In elementary school they didn't miss much and making up the work was easy- we felt family time was more important!!

https://magicaladventureswithdrmom.com/
Agree! My son in elementary school as missed up to 3 weeks of school with no problem. His teachers were beyond supportive so it made it has made it very easy. Looking at 2020 Hawaii cruise or transatlantic and he will be in middle school so not sure how that will go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter