• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious about Cat. 6 Storage

Dancind

Tinkerbell's Mom
We've booked the same cabin we had last year, for next year. Loved the location. Just wondering, though, if we missed something. It seemed that our cat. 6 cabin didn't have much storage. We hung up as many things as we could, put all our shoes in the bottom of the closet. DH and I put our folding things in the single standing trunk at the foot of the bed. Then we tried to fit all of DD's clothes in the drawers of the desk, and some in the nightstands. Is there more storage, but we didn't find it? Just wondering what a family of four does in these cabins!

We had a cat 6 cabin last September with two adults and two children. I had brought extra hangers so we hung as much as we could get into the closets and managed to stuff all the rest into the steamer trunk and drawers. The suitcases went under the bed and the shoes were in the nightstands on either side of the bed. The bottom of the closet became the dirty clothes hamper. We also brought an over the door shoe holder to stash all of the toiletries--it was definately a lifesaver!

Also don't forget that there are two rather large shelves over the tv & cooler. We used those for storing souveniers and such.

Our family of 4 has stayed in a cat 6 on 3 cruises and always found plenty of storage.

Two suitcases under the bed and two in the closet (28" rolling bags don't fit under the bed - even lifting it up). As for toiletries and stuff - over the door holder, drawers of desk and shelves in bathroom. Kids tended to tuck their backpacks with misc. snacks and stuff into the desk kneehole.

Dresses and dressier items hung up, shoes were scattered in every available space - shelves in the closet under, over and around safe as well as the nightstands and sometimes under the bed. Just like at home.

Shorts, tops, undies, etc were in the 4 drawer dresser next to the closet for DH & I and the steamer trunk shelves for DD & DS. Both teens on last trip. Shelves over fridge area were used for souveniers, shopping, photos, etc.

Deb

I guess that was the problem, there was no steamer trunk in our cabin. Maybe they are only in the cabins for four? Diana

I noticed that the steamer trunk in our cat 6 was about half the size of the steamer trunk in our Cat 10. I think that it was because the ones with a water view put the bed by the door.

That being said, we had enough space for our stuff (2 adult, 2 kids) both times, and had lots of clothes that we never wore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter