CSR vs CBR

danielangie

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,
Surprising my daughter with a girls trip in June...I currently have a CSR tower room booked...

We have never stayed at CSR, and it’s been 24 years since we have stayed at CBR...I’m a little concerned about the transportation issues that I’ve been seeing about CSR and lack of QS and refillable mug situation...just wondering if we should stay put at CSR or move to CBR with skyliner, etc

looking for input from people who have stayed at both.
Thank you!

This is a tough one. Towers at CSR to me, DEFINITELY a better room, atmosphere, etc. However, the transportation at CBR (skyliner access) is a big, big plus. I may be going in the summer also and have been on the fence myself for the two. Just love the ease of the sky liner but do love CSR. Sorry I probably made your decision worse...

I'm a HUGE fan of Tower at CSR (was just in another thread singing it's praises). The transportation is hit and miss like everywhere else I've stayed. If you're not opposed to a cheap Lyft ride every once in a while, I don't think there's a better deal on property.

The Skyliner typically has very long lines in the morning (for park opening) and evening (for park closing).

We were at WDW recently and the line to get onto the Skyliner from DHS stretched well onto the path to the Boardwalk.

We enjoy riding the Skyliner in the middle of the day but avoid it for park opening and park closing.

With this in mind, I don't see the Skyliner as any better than buses.

Skyliner 01.JPG

Skyliner 02.JPG

Skyliner 03.JPG

Last edited:

Hi everyone,
Surprising my daughter with a girls trip in June...I currently have a CSR tower room booked...

We have never stayed at CSR, and it’s been 24 years since we have stayed at CBR...I’m a little concerned about the transportation issues that I’ve been seeing about CSR and lack of QS and refillable mug situation...just wondering if we should stay put at CSR or move to CBR with skyliner, etc

looking for input from people who have stayed at both.
Thank you!
My wife and I stay at Gran Destino... We simply Uber every morning to the parks. I select an Uber in the room right before we go down to the lobby and typically by the time we get down to the lobby and outside our ride is waiting. It's less than a 5 minute ride to AK, HS and EPCOT and it's less than $10.00 and they drop you off at the front of the parks. We ride back on the buses as we are usually not in a rush to make it back to the hotel. Even DS is less than 10 minutes. MK is a little tougher as UBER can only drop you off at the TTC. But, you can Ferry over or ride the monorail from there of course.

I've never stayed at CSR, but we've been to CBR 4 times in the last 6-7 years or so.

We had been starting to explore other hotels in more recent years, and then they put in the Skyliner. I absolutely LOVE it. And it's not bad, even in the mornings. Wait for the Skyliner is no more than 10-15 minutes and considering that it's a 15 relaxing ride to EPCOT or a 5 minute ride to Hollywood Studios, just think of it as your first ride of the day and a 15 minute wait is NOTHING.

Also consider that the bus takes just about as long to wait for and get there.

Love me some Skyliner and I'd do CBR hands down. Request the Jamaica building as that's the one closest to the Skyliner. Buildings 45-46, if memory serves, is the best because it also puts you close to Centertown.

CSR (pre tower) always felt like one big convention center.

CBR is BIG too but it always felt more resort and less convention to me. Having no transportation except buses is a big turnoff for my family. We have younger kids and being able to jump on the skyliner, boat, monorail, or being within walking distance makes a huge difference for us and helps us relax more.

CSR for me hands down. Tower is amazing. But I prefer the resort in general. Nice vibe. A little more of an adult vibe but that’s what I like.

I can’t speak to CSR bus transportation right now, but it was normal, reliable bus transportation pre-COVID. Tower rooms are nice! Pool is great.

My wife and I stay at Gran Destino... We simply Uber every morning to the parks. I select an Uber in the room right before we go down to the lobby and typically by the time we get down to the lobby and outside our ride is waiting. It's less than a 5 minute ride to AK, HS and EPCOT and it's less than $10.00 and they drop you off at the front of the parks. We ride back on the buses as we are usually not in a rush to make it back to the hotel. Even DS is less than 10 minutes. MK is a little tougher as UBER can only drop you off at the TTC. But, you can Ferry over or ride the monorail from there of course.

this is my plan for our upcoming trip, but I was told that I needed to select our Uber early... is that necessarily true? Also, what time would you suggest leaving if we want to make rope drop?

this is my plan for our upcoming trip, but I was told that I needed to select our Uber early... is that necessarily true? Also, what time would you suggest leaving if we want to make rope drop?
I've never had an issue getting an UBER in the mornings, I usually open the app while my wife is finishing up getting ready just to see how many Uber's are in the area. When she's close I usually click one and head on down. I've never waited more than a few minutes and most of the time they are waiting on us as we walk out. It's just about timing with the app.
AK, HS and EPCOT are all 5 minutes away, no more than 10 even with some traffic.
MK is a little further, I'd say no more than 15 minutes, but they are only allowed to drop you off at the TTC. So from there you have another 10 minutes or so on a boat or monorail. MK is the one where the Bus is better, just because it will drop you off at the front of the park.
DS is less that 10 minutes as well.

Ty
I've never had an issue getting an UBER in the mornings, I usually open the app while my wife is finishing up getting ready just to see how many Uber's are in the area. When she's close I usually click one and head on down. I've never waited more than a few minutes and most of the time they are waiting on us as we walk out. It's just about timing with the app.
AK, HS and EPCOT are all 5 minutes away, no more than 10 even with some traffic.
MK is a little further, I'd say no more than 15 minutes, but they are only allowed to drop you off at the TTC. So from there you have another 10 minutes or so on a boat or monorail. MK is the one where the Bus is better, just because it will drop you off at the front of the park.
DS is less that 10 minutes as well.
Thanks!

The Skyliner typically has very long lines in the morning (for park opening) and evening (for park closing).

We were at WDW recently and the line to get onto the Skyliner from DHS stretched well onto the path to the Boardwalk.
The Skyliner lines are deceiving. Its important to remember that the Skyliner is continuously loading. We stayed at CBR back in October and the lines to make DHS rope drop at CBR extended just as far. From the time they started running the Skyliner, it took us exactly 18 minutes to board a gondola and we were relatively far back in line. I wouldn't let that be a deterrent for someone.

The larger concern for me would be limited bus capacity and the fact that CSR transportation relies solely on buses. We only had to worry about riding buses to go to MK, AK and Disney Springs from CBR, but the whole process was bad enough that we used Uber when going from the resort. Trying to make rope drop at mods and deluxes, where there are no formal queues at the bus depots, results in a mad dash when a bus pulls up without any regard for who was there first. Until full capacity can resume on buses - probably a long time from now - I would look to stay at a resort that offers some alternate transportation options.

Last time we went to CBR Skyliner was being built not open, BUT I felt that the changes to that resort with the building next door and other changes from the years earlier when we had gone it kind of lost the real magic feel we used to love about CBR, which was our very first resort we ever stayed at and gave us that love of WDW. Also it felt really crowded in the main areas, even tho it probably really wasn't, and the eating area was chaotic and felt dirty to me. Now with the Skyliner open may like that, but it lost some of it's charm for us sadly. We LOVED CBR from our very first trip when at that time they even had parrots on the small island. The pool area too was just overwhelmingly crowded feel and I felt kind of stressed there. CSR always felt more relaxing and the pool there equals the best deluxes. But if transport is your main issue maybe you may prefer CBR particularly with Skyliner. I may sometime try CBR again just to check out Skyliner but it is no longer our fav resort.

Last edited:
I’d do CSR any day of the week despite the busses. We actually moved to CSR from CBR because of a room issue. I had never been more thankful in my life! CBR was equivalent to a run down motel 6 on the inside of the rooms. Our AC exploded and carpet flooded and I’m sure there was mold growing under the carpet...this clearly wasn’t the first time. I said never again to CBR until the rooms are completely overhauled and redone. Walked into our room at CSR and it was beautiful! Completely redone, clean and I felt at home. We were in a cabana water view and it was perfect! Quick walk to everything and pool was fantastic! We will definitely do the tower next time! Like said above if busses are an issue than take an Uber! We do that sometimes anyways and it’s a life saver!

We enjoy riding the Skyliner in the middle of the day but avoid it for park opening and park closing.

With this in mind, I don't see the Skyliner as any better than buses.

View attachment 566266

View attachment 566267

View attachment 566268
Those lines look long, but move incredibly fast.

OP, for my family the skyliner is a game changer. Buses are so unpredictable and the skyliner is the opposite of that. We like spending our evenings at Epcot and the skyliner makes that so much easier and less time consuming than taking a bus. I've also heard not so great things about the pool situation at CSR right now...so maybe something to look into if the pool is important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter