CSR or AKL??

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
I'm currently booked at Animal Kingdom Lodge for my birthday trip pre-cruise stay - Standard View Room. I have stayed at AKL before and really loved it.

I was poking around, and I could stay at CSR in a King room for $175 less for the stay ($117 less if I did Preferred King). I stayed here once years ago - it was not my favorite, but I know they have made a lot of changes.

If the difference was bigger (like over $200) I'd probably not hesitate to switch, but at this amount, I'm not sure if it's worth it. Given that other than Pirate Rooms at CBR all the other mods are coming in at more or less than $100 less than my AKL stay, I'm inclined to stay put.

But I'm open to hearing opinions. :) Anyone want to sell me on CSR over AKL?

Is this a 1 night stay? If only 1 night I'd stay AKL for sure, they always seem to have a lot of resort stuff going on. I really enjoyed our CSR stay and all the renovations look great, but not sure I'd switch over until the new tower is open.

Is this a 1 night stay? If only 1 night I'd stay AKL for sure, they always seem to have a lot of resort stuff going on. I really enjoyed our CSR stay and all the renovations look great, but not sure I'd switch over until the new tower is open.

3 nights. There were tower rooms that showed up (but for more than what I'm paying at AKL), so at least part of it is open.

I really like CSR, but AKL is one of our top 3 resorts. That price difference wouldn't be enough to sway me away from AKL.

Thanks. That's kind of what my gut is telling me. A couple of weeks ago there were King rooms at CBR (my favorite overall - just not Pirate Rooms) for low enough it would have surpassed my $200 threshold (closer to $250 or more in that case), but I waited too late to contact my TA so they were gone. :( I keep checking though, and if I see them pop up again, I may well change there.

3 nights. There were tower rooms that showed up (but for more than what I'm paying at AKL), so at least part of it is open.
Awesome! There's towers going up everywhere and construction like crazy, it's hard to track what's up and done and not. I'm sitting here jealous of your cruise :guilty:

Awesome! There's towers going up everywhere and construction like crazy, it's hard to track what's up and done and not. I'm sitting here jealous of your cruise :guilty:

Aww, thanks! I’m excited - that will be my first Double Dip. Birthday all day at Animal Kingdom with Up Close With Rhinos, the FOTLK dining package Tier 1, and the ROL Dessert Party, then the next day DCL bus to the Dream!

(I am just ready for my AoA night and Wonder cruise for Feb Break in 8 days too!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter