CSR Close to lobby

happily single

Left foot first!
I will be staying at CSR with my developmental delayed young adult. I'm looking for a building suggestion that is close to the lobby/easy to navigate. We have a standard room booked.

I stayed in a preferred room in December that was an inner court yard room and I got lost daily. Ideally, I'm looking for a building and room suggestion is easy for him to get to and from the lobby so he can get coffee/snacks easily.

I'm not sure any standard room location would be better than preferred for that. A tower room might be better.
I had my finger on the button to book a tower room for this exact reason, but the price difference was substantial. If I purchased through Priceline can I upgrade (if available) at check-in?

I was also going to say the preferred rooms, because how easy and close they are to the lobby, but based on the post I will have to agree with 'stinkpickle' and say the tower may be better. If they have tower rooms available at check-in you can upgrade but it will most likely be at the rack rate.

Tower room is the only one you can guarantee not getting lost in the ridiculous layout of their buildings. With the issues he’s facing, if a tower room is available I would switch to that even if it means dropping something else on the trip to make it work with the budget.

However, I would also give serious consideration to changing to an easier to navigate resort like POFQ (although caution on that one specifically as they have a pool refurb coming up). I remember staying Preferred CSR and I haven’t come across any hotel that confusing.

We stayed in The Cabanas section and I really liked that location. It’s close to the main building and the pool and the building lay out is simple. There isn’t a lot of pathways to get lost on.

I will be staying at CSR with my developmental delayed young adult. I'm looking for a building suggestion that is close to the lobby/easy to navigate. We have a standard room booked.

I stayed in a preferred room in December that was an inner court yard room and I got lost daily. Ideally, I'm looking for a building and room suggestion is easy for him to get to and from the lobby so he can get coffee/snacks easily.
Cabanas building 8C is very close to the Grand Destino Tower and main buildings.

So…..I am going to second the idea of a preferred room at POFQ instead. I think in addition to not knowing how hard it will be to navigate from a standard room, I also think the CSR tower isn’t a good choice unless you practice the elevator system found in the towers before going. The concept of selecting your floor and then getting on the right elevator, if that is NEW to you, it can throw you for a loop. We recently got those at my place of employment and lots of folks have made mistakes because it’s different than what we have been doing all our life. It’s been months now and I see some at least once a week just walk on to the open door and forget they can’t say which floor on the inside.

We have stayed at CSR a number of times and did not get lost and did not find it difficult to walk around at, and we have stayed in all the buildings except the Tower. Once they added the 3 bridges, it has made the walking even less, since you can cut across the pond, instead of having to walk all the way around it like in the past. JMO

We have stayed at CSR a number of times and did not get lost and did not find it difficult to walk around at, and we have stayed in all the buildings except the Tower. Once they added the 3 bridges, it has made the walking even less, since you can cut across the pond, instead of having to walk all the way around it like in the past. JMO
JMO, I got lost trying to find my room daily in the preferred section just as OP did

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter