CS tipping?

I have never tipped at a counter service restaurant at Disney World. I don't know how you would even if you wanted to.

I don't recall the cash registers having an option to add a tip. (I'm certain someone will correct me if I'm wrong.) They don't have tip jars on the counter. And you are expected to throw out your own dishes, etc., when you're done, so you wouldn't leave a tip under the edge of your plate on the table.

I'm thinking of restaurants in the theme parks and the hotels. I haven't eaten at Disney Springs in a long time.

depends what you consider QS or CS! Pool bars that serve food? Yes. Lounges? Yes. Places like food courts? No, and I don't think you are able to.

We do at Polite Pig but couldnt remeber any others.
I think that’s because Polite Pig is a hybrid of table service and counter service. Plus, they are third-party owned, so they have different gratuity approaches than Disney QS might.

The only time I've tip at QS was in Disney Springs. The old Wolfgang Puck Express, Polite Pig & Cooke's of Dublin were the restaurants. At those place staff either brought out our food , offered to get refills of soda/ water or checked if we needed anything else. Not the same as me going up to a counter and taking food back to our table at a Resort or Park QS.

The only time I've tip at QS was in Disney Springs. The old Wolfgang Puck Express, Polite Pig & Cooke's of Dublin were the restaurants. At those place staff either brought out our food , offered to get refills of soda/ water or checked if we needed anything else. Not the same as me going up to a counter and taking food back to our table at a Resort or Park QS.
Same for us - we tip at the hybrid QS, where we order at the counter but they bring us our food and otherwise provide service.

I advise not tipping at the cashier at Polite Pig. Service is highly variable (we got none after they literally dropped the food off and ran). You can always leave cash on the table, if warranted.

I advise not tipping at the cashier at Polite Pig. Service is highly variable (we got none after they literally dropped the food off and ran). You can always leave cash on the table, if warranted.
That's what we have done there, Cooke's & the 😥 gone Wolfgang Puck Express.

I think that’s because Polite Pig is a hybrid of table service and counter service. Plus, they are third-party owned, so they have different gratuity approaches than Disney QS might.
We haven't been in awhile but we always tipped at Wolfgang Puck Express because they brought food to the table and filled our drinks. Usually about 10% instead of the 20% we leave at TS.

I'm assuming EET by Maneet has a similar hybrid set up, though I haven't been yet. If that's the case, I would leave a small tip there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter