Crystal Palace pre-park opening

littlejen22

DIS Veteran
If I am able to get an 8:00 reservation for Crystal Palace, low long does it typically take to eat there? Which really means to see all the characters. Thanks.

An hour to 1.5 depending on where the characters are when you get there and how long it takes you to get seated (usually 10 - 15 minutes)

Ok, then I would never pre-park it. Maybe lunch!

Pre park opening at the MK, and AK are not what they used to be. Before only diners could enter early and get some great photos on the way to the restaurant. Last year I was super surprised when I arrived at the MK to see they let anyone in early so they can shop on Main Street. The "lands" are roped off, but anyone can walk up Main Street all the way to the castle. Only BOG breakfast goers are allowed beyond the castle, but for Crystal Palace, there is a rope guard to let you beyond the sidewalk of Main St just to get to the restaurant. No more empty Town Square or Castle pictures. Since I didnt know prior to arriving this was the new set up, I arrived 20 minutes early only to wait in the security line behind hundreds of other people. We were actually late for our 8:15am reservation.

Its the same at AK. They let everyone in, up to a certain point (Pandora) an hour early. No more tree of life photos with just your family! People are walking all around!

2015 PPO
upload_2018-4-15_10-49-26.png

2017 Pre park opening (this was actually a good picture because there were probably 1 - 2 thousand people there at this point.

17499547_1588010834617847_6736078355533589666_n.jpg

It's much easier for security to do it that way, and there's less of a stampede at choke points at the start of the day.

It's much easier for security to do it that way, and there's less of a stampede at choke points at the start of the day.

I understand. Just didnt know. It had never been that way on prior trips. Luckily, I have plenty of photos of my family and all my kids in an empty park in front of the castle...really dont need more. We have that memory. Now that they are older, I almost like not having the PPO option w/ empty park. It doesnt tempt me to get up at 5:30 to get ready for breakfast! We can all sleep later and have a grown up meal elsewhere! Ill start missing it when I have grandkids someday!

We had a Crystal palace PPO at 805 last week. Checked in right away at 8 and were seated almost immediately. The characters came around quickly as only 1/3 of tables were occupied. We saw all characters by 830 at the latest. Were out in plenty of time to see the castle opening show and then jumped over to adventure land to be almost first in line at jungle cruise.

We have done several PPO breakfasts and found that the characters are generally always very quick due to the much lower # of people seated that early. We Also did garden grill PPO at 810, saw all characters by 825 and were first in line for Soarin at 845

Years ago (actually 2010 was the last time, lol) we used to do the PPO breakfasts so the kids could get their character fix before the park opening. Now we do brunch because lately we feel ourselves rushing through it to get out to the park. Brunch gives you a nice mix of breakfast and/or lunch and also gets you ahead of the lunchtime crush if you time them right. If you still are going for the character meets, eat first. It seems the characters change their shift at the breakfast to lunch changeover and they are much more animated. You also get the freshest lunch offerings. I don't worry about the breakfast offering being as fresh because no matter where you eat they are basically the same general breakfast foods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter