Crystal Palace or Biergarten?

AgletWDW

Mouseketeer
We have too many ADR, one has to go and I narrowed it down to these too. Both are for lunch. Which one would you pick?

If it helps, it will be myself, DH, two DS (8 and 10) and DD (4).

Biergarden. The food is a nice change from the typical WDW buffets. Plus beer. My kids request to go each trip.

We are going to both on our first trip in 101 days. Unless you have a family member who really wants to see Winnie the Pooh and friends, I would drop Crystal palace.

Biergarten without a doubt. I'm twice been disappointed at CP but I've always had a blast at Biergarten. The kids will love the show.

Thanks! I was personally leaning towards that one because I love German food. Do you think an ADR 20 minutes before a schedule show is good?

I think 30 minutes before the show is great, that way you have enough time to get drinks ordered and through the buffet and back to your table. I love both CP and Biergarten, but if I had to choose just one, it's Biergarten hands down. One of my favorite spots to eat anywhere, not just Disney.

You might want to show up 30 minutes early and ask for a good show table. we didnt do that our first time and were stuck in the back. One of you can wait for the table and have the other hang with the kids by the trains. It'll keep everyone happy.

Biergarten is the winner by a mile in this one. We love the show and giant beers.

I know a lot of people love Biergarten but out of our party of 6 (4 adults 2 kids) not one of us liked the food--and we all really like German food. There wasn't a lot of selection, and what was there was pretty bland. The entertainment was great and our kids loved it, so that may be worth the trip alone--and you may like the food better than we did. The beer was okay--maybe we ordered the wrong thing. Service was friendly but really slow. I haven't done CP for lunch, only breakfast, but we really enjoyed it. I'd agree with another poster though that unless Pooh and the gang are a priority Biergarten is probably a better option. We won't be back though.

I'd keep biergarten amazing food, great atmosphere and crystal palace. Has gone down hill! Used to be a tradition for us, since I was 3, now 30! And we won't go again.

Thanks! I was personally leaning towards that one because I love German food. Do you think an ADR 20 minutes before a schedule show is good?

I always do 20 minutes before a scheduled show and it's worked out just fine.

Don't know if you and your husband are beer drinkers but I thought I'd put this out here again for anyone else who is. My husband did a cost comparison (he does that with everything) and the large beer at the Biergarten is a good value compared to just a pick up beer along World Showcase at a kiosk. However, the large beer, is, well, large. I can barely lift the full one and finishing one at a meal is out of the question for me. BUT - a little known fact is that you can just ask for a "to go" cup when you are ready to leave and one will be provided for you. We go for lunch and that beer lasts me to close to Illuminations time and I get to enjoy the park as well.

I always do 20 minutes before a scheduled show and it's worked out just fine.

Don't know if you and your husband are beer drinkers but I thought I'd put this out here again for anyone else who is. My husband did a cost comparison (he does that with everything) and the large beer at the Biergarten is a good value compared to just a pick up beer along World Showcase at a kiosk. However, the large beer, is, well, large. I can barely lift the full one and finishing one at a meal is out of the question for me. BUT - a little known fact is that you can just ask for a "to go" cup when you are ready to leave and one will be provided for you. We go for lunch and that beer lasts me to close to Illuminations time and I get to enjoy the park as well.

Very good to know! I'm not much of a beer drinker, but my husband certainly is. I would have never thought about getting a to go cup.

Biergarten, great food, wonderful atmosphere and a polka band, you cant go wrong with that combo:teeth:

I would do Biergarten! I LOVE Crystal Palace for the characters, but not for the food. As adults we usually find the children's buffet has the best food and eat chicken nuggets and mac and cheese at the Crystal Palace. The Biergarten has better food and the music show is nice for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter