• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CRUSH the turtle & Block Party Bash ??????

colbybug

DIS Veteran
I will be in Disneyland this Monday thru Friday and am curious if this available every day. What are the hours?? Would a 3 1/2 yr old like it? Also, I heard that with fall hours they have scaled back on the Block Party Bash and it only makes two stops now (at two zones?) If Toy Story is what we really want to see, where is the best place to be?

Thanks,
Bug's Mom

colbybug said:
I will be in Disneyland this Monday thru Friday and am curious if this available every day. What are the hours?? Would a 3 1/2 yr old like it? Also, I heard that with fall hours they have scaled back on the Block Party Bash and it only makes two stops now (at two zones?) If Toy Story is what we really want to see, where is the best place to be?
I think your three-year old will really like Crush. I do not know the hours of operation, but it runs throughout the day and lasts about 20 minutes.

I haven't seen BPB, but from what I hear it is more fun for older kids.

Your 3 1/2 year old will love both. My daughters ages 7, 5, 2 loved both of those. They got to get up and dance with the cast members during block party bash and really had a good time with the whole show. It's like an interactive parade, the parade stops and they put on a show and get the kids involved. We loved it!

Your little one will love both. Toy Story is the first set of floats, Monsters Inc, the middle, and Bugs Life is at the end, so you would want to be at the beginning of the party zone area.

My 4YO DD loves the Block Party Bash. The Toy Story float is the first of the 3 movie floats but not right at the beginning. There is a float at the beginning that is generic so do not sit too close to the front of the stop.

Just back from a 12 hour day with 3.5yo DS.

My little buddy liked:
1. Goofy's Bounce House (10+ visits), Minnie's House, meeting Mickey, Goofy and Donald & the Treehouse in Toontown

2. The Mark Twain and meeting Woody & Jessie in Frontierland

3. Small World, Teacups, Dumbo (ride first thing), Casey Jr & Story book boats in Fantasyland

4. Tarzan's Treehouse, Jungle Cruise & Tiki Room in Adventureland

5. Buzz Lightyear, Autopia & Innoventions (video games) in Tomorrowland

6. Dot's Puddle Pond (bring extra clothes & plastic bag for wet ones), Flik's Flyer, Bumber Cars & Heimlich's train in Bug's Land

7. Playhouse Disney & Turtle Talk in Hollywood Backlot

8. The Redwood Creek Trail, King Trition's Carousel, Block Party Bash (final zone has less people) & lunch at Burger Invasion (great toys)

Ok, I"m totally clueless. :confused3 We're going end of Oct. and I'd like to do the BPB, but I don't understand what is meant by "zones", and being at a "zone". Can someone please explain?

For both of the new Parades, the floats & performers stop a couple of times along the route to perform acrobatics & dance and have the floats activate additional animation goodies. Each of these stops are called zones. Block Party Bash has 3 such zones (Red, Green & Blue), I think Parade of Dreams also has 3, but there may be a fourth. On low attendance/very hot days the parades will reduce the number of stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter