Cruising through Ft Lauderdale help, please.

A cab. rideshare, or bus would be much cheaper if the transfer is to your hotel OR to MIA. If the private transfer includes BOTH a transfer to your hotel and a transfer the next day to the airport, it is still on the expensive side if you are staying at an airport-area hotel.

DCL usually offers bus transfers to MIA (not to MIA hotels, but to the airport).

If there are two or more people in your party, a rideshare or taxi will be cheaper than the bus. There should not be any issues with availability on Saturday. Sunday may be a little different because of Easter.
Oh when I rang DCL she said that the only transportation they could offer me to Miami was by private transfer. She then sent me a follow up email with the details. I asked if there was a bus or any shared transport and she said not through DCL.
We don’t have to worry about transportation the following day as our hotel has a free shuttle. It’s mid week we debark in May.
If getting a cab at the port is easy we will just do that I think. There are two of us.

Thank you for this but I’m from the uk and elderly so I couldn’t do that as driving on the opposite side of the road and on an unfamiliar route is not something that I have the confidence to do. I’m afraid I have to arrange some kind of transport maybe cab or maybe a private transfer.

I’ve done many cruises that begin and/or end in Fort Lauderdale and typically fly from Miami since there’s far more direct flights to my local airport. In December, we paid about $40 to Uber from Terminal 2 to the airport. It was a “wait and save” option, which wasn’t a big deal as you’re going to wait for an Uber anyway unless you schedule a ride in advance. If you do that option, you’ll pay more but don’t have to wait.

I’ve done many cruises that begin and/or end in Fort Lauderdale and typically fly from Miami since there’s far more direct flights to my local airport. In December, we paid about $40 to Uber from Terminal 2 to the airport. It was a “wait and save” option, which wasn’t a big deal as you’re going to wait for an Uber anyway unless you schedule a ride in advance. If you do that option, you’ll pay more but don’t have to wait.
Oh wow. Thank you. I did have an Uber Account but we don’t use it in the uk but I can re download it for this trip. My account details are probably still on there. I wouldn’t book the Uber until we were in the right location anyway and won’t be in any hurry as not flying until the next day.

Oh wow. Thank you. I did have an Uber Account but we don’t use it in the uk but I can re download it for this trip. My account details are probably still on there. I wouldn’t book the Uber until we were in the right location anyway and won’t be in any hurry as not flying until the next day.
Uber/Lyft rates can fluctuate. If you’re seeing a high fare, just wait until most of the crowd clears and it’ll drop.

Alternatively, you can take an Uber to the Fort Lauderdale Airport Tri Rail station. Fares generally run about $15. From there, you can take a train to MIA airport. Fares are $3.50 during the week and $5 on the weekends, seniors get half off. From there you take another short train ride to the airport (free) where you can take your shuttle to the hotel. This is obviously not as convenient but a good backup option if Uber/Lyft fares are high (unlikely).

We just returned from the Dream out of Fort Lauderdale and reserved DCL bus transportation to MIA. It was $35/person.

Uber/Lyft rates can fluctuate. If you’re seeing a high fare, just wait until most of the crowd clears and it’ll drop.

Alternatively, you can take an Uber to the Fort Lauderdale Airport Tri Rail station. Fares generally run about $15. From there, you can take a train to MIA airport. Fares are $3.50 during the week and $5 on the weekends, seniors get half off. From there you take another short train ride to the airport (free) where you can take your shuttle to the hotel. This is obviously not as convenient but a good backup option if Uber/Lyft fares are high (unlikely).
That’s brilliant. Thank you. A bit of a faff but as you say it gives us an alternative means of transport.

We just returned from the Dream out of Fort Lauderdale and reserved DCL bus transportation to MIA. It was $35/person.
I think this is not an option after the end of April sadly! No idea why!! I’ll ring them again though just in case.

I think this is not an option after the end of April sadly! No idea why!! I’ll ring them again though just in case.
I’ve just spoken with an agent and she confirmed that no DCL ground transportation is available not only to Miami but to Ft Lauderdale Airport so I’m just hoping that maybe it hasn’t been arranged yet from May onwards. We shall see!

Sorry to jump on this post but my friend and I debark at FLL but need to go to Miami (airport hotel) for overnight then fly the following day.
DCL have offered us only a private transfer by car for around $220.
Would a cab be cheaper? Is it easy to just line up for a cab to take us to MIA ( we can get the hotel shuttle from there) or are most of the cabs local only?
All Star Transportation has rate of $25/person from Port Everglades to Miami Airport. The weblink looks like Ft Lauderdale airport shuttle. Recommended by our TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter