Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

We will be crossing the canal with our DS Patrick-11. Catching up on the thread posts an. it looks like there are others traveling with boys around the. ame age yeah!

On a previous cruise, we connected with others traveling with boys around the same age prior to the cruise and it was a lot of fun.

Would love to meet others interested in hooking up the boys prior to the cruise and we can have a meet and greet for them on the first day of the cruise .

PM me or email me at pwvmom at gmail.com if interested.

Cannot wait for this cruise! Thinking of the warm weather as we have been hovering around zero.

Jayne

Hi Jayne,
We will be traveling with our daughter who will be 11 in April. She seems to connect well with boys well as her interest are Starwars, Legos, and Dr. Who. If you think he would be interested in meeting her, let me know and I will email you.

Thanks,
Christa

Hi guys, I live here in San Diego and the construction will be done by the time we come back in to port. It is practically done now. If you tell me where your hotels are, I can tell you whether it is worth going to the airport and then your hotel. San Diego is pretty small and from the terminal to the airport is not even 2 miles, so you could probably save yourself some money by just taking a taxi.
Homewood suites is located in Liberty station. From the trip report I read it said they had to wait 2 hours in the taxi line. I'm not sure that it had anything to do with construction.

Guess I can introduce myself better. I am Cameron and will be sailing with my Aunt Connie. We have second dining on waitlist for first, verandah on deck 7.

Still trying to get this thread read and find out what is going on, also to become familiar with everyone. I have not seen this mentioned in my skim through so thought I'd share it for anyone who might care.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3364597

Looks like all will be done by our sailing.

I personally am a bit upset as I banked on separate beds. I do not sleep well with others (I am single). I have always slept on the sofa when more than 2 in the room but for two weeks hoped for a real bed! I know Disney will not make any allowance so I will still go and I know I will still enjoy the cruise. It will be nice for those not affected by the bed situation and I do admit I will enjoy the new furniture, as long as the sofa beds not terrible.

Hi Jayne,
We will be traveling with our daughter who will be 11 in April. She seems to connect well with boys well as her interest are Starwars, Legos, and Dr. Who. If you think he would be interested in meeting her, let me know and I will email you.

Thanks,
Christa

Hi Christa,

Yes, please send me an e-mail! I look forward to meeting you and your family

pwvmom at gmail.com

Jayne

That sounds like a great idea. We had planned on taking a taxi from the hotel to SeaWorld. Do you know what time the Disney transfer is supposed to arrive at the airport by? Thank you!

In Port Canaveral it is continuous and I expect to see same in San Diego. Get off ship, follow their instructions for transfers, get on a bus. I've never had to wait for bus before in PC, there are normally several being filled up at a time. Port is very close to airport so shouldn't take long to get between the two.

I got the palo dinner I wanted when we are supposed to have that nasty taste of CA menu and the brunch we wanted the day before we get to Columbia.

Can I ask, how do you know the exact dinner menu schedule? This is a great strategy, I would like to book our Palo dinner for a night when I want to avoid a particular menu - I remember there were a few I didn't like from our Fantasy Western Caribbean.

Maybe this is posted somewhere but I can't seem to search it properly.

Thanks!

Hi, we are coming on the cruise. My name is Jack, Wife Patrice and two daughters (11) & (13) will also accompany. We are FL residents.

:dance3::dance3::tinker::tinker:Would like to be included in the FE.

Think we are in 5512, we have second dining.

Hi, are there taxis at the San Diego terminal or should we call ahead and reserve one?
Thanks
Jack

Can I ask, how do you know the exact dinner menu schedule? This is a great strategy, I would like to book our Palo dinner for a night when I want to avoid a particular menu - I remember there were a few I didn't like from our Fantasy Western Caribbean.

Maybe this is posted somewhere but I can't seem to search it properly.

Thanks!

I suspect people are basing the dining rotations on previous cruises. certainly there is no published schedule but they do tend to have the same menus on the same rotation.

Hi, we are coming on the cruise. My name is Jack, Wife Patrice and two daughters (11) & (13) will also accompany. We are FL residents.

:dance3::dance3::tinker::tinker:Would like to be included in the FE.

Think we are in 5512, we have second dining.

Hi, are there taxis at the San Diego terminal or should we call ahead and reserve one?
Thanks
Jack

Welcome to the group Jack. Glad to have you along. I will add you to the roll call.

From what I have read, there are taxis at the port but, from reports of last year's WBPC cruise, there were long lines for them when disembarking so be prepared for a bit of a wait.

Can I ask, how do you know the exact dinner menu schedule? This is a great strategy, I would like to book our Palo dinner for a night when I want to avoid a particular menu - I remember there were a few I didn't like from our Fantasy Western Caribbean. Maybe this is posted somewhere but I can't seem to search it properly. Thanks!
I do have the schedule from my friend who works shoreside but I have been asked not to make it public so I will adhere to that request. Still if you ask I can certainly tip toe around enough so you can understand my answer.

I do have the schedule from my friend who works shoreside but I have been asked not to make it public so I will adhere to that request. Still if you ask I can certainly tip toe around enough so you can understand my answer.

Is there anyway you could find out which nights are formal and semi formal? Thanks.

Do you know which night is golden mickey's and Toy story?

like I said I have to tip to just a little but if you look at the first formal and the semi formal you have the answer in the order you asked.

Ok since I'm kind of dumb, are you saying semi formal night is toy story? Also is mother's day just cruise casual then?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter