Cruising on ACTUAL Halloween

lizardlife

Earning My Ears
So the family and I are all checked in to sail on our 7 night - 10/27 Halloween on the High Seas cruise going to the Mexican Riviera and I'm a little bit confused about what the schedule will look like. Based on all the other HOHS personal navigators, it looks like DCL does the Halloween events on Day 4 and Pirate night on Day 5 but in our case, Day 4 is 10/30 and Day 5 is 10/31n.

Is it possible that DCL is sticking to this schedule on our cruise DESPITE the fact that the Halloween events will be 10/30 whereas Pirate Night will fall on actual Halloween?

Checking the onboard activities, I'm suspecting this might be possible since the Pirate-themed makeovers are being offered on Day 5 (again, that's 10/31) but I thought I would reach out and ask if anyone has had an experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

So the family and I are all checked in to sail on our 7 night - 10/27 Halloween on the High Seas cruise going to the Mexican Riviera and I'm a little bit confused about what the schedule will look like. Based on all the other HOHS personal navigators, it looks like DCL does the Halloween events on Day 4 and Pirate night on Day 5 but in our case, Day 4 is 10/30 and Day 5 is 10/31n.

Is it possible that DCL is sticking to this schedule on our cruise DESPITE the fact that the Halloween events will be 10/30 whereas Pirate Night will fall on actual Halloween?

Checking the onboard activities, I'm suspecting this might be possible since the Pirate-themed makeovers are being offered on Day 5 (again, that's 10/31) but I thought I would reach out and ask if anyone has had an experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.
Things (dates) can vary on some cruises, depending on many factors. Our Dream cruise they switched Halloween/Pirates night. But that was due to the weather reports.

It also makes a difference WHERE the ship is on Pirate night (fireworks). So it may not be possible to change Pirate night to a different night.

Whether your cruise will have an altered schedule, you won't really know until it happens.

Things (dates) can vary on some cruises, depending on many factors. Our Dream cruise they switched Halloween/Pirates night. But that was due to the weather reports.

It also makes a difference WHERE the ship is on Pirate night (fireworks). So it may not be possible to change Pirate night to a different night.

Whether your cruise will have an altered schedule, you won't really know until it happens.

Interesting and thank you for sharing.

A lot of my motivation to know is that I want to do the Las Caletas Hideaway on Day 5 but my kids love Halloween. They're also young (3 and 6) and won't have the energy to do both the excursion and the Halloween events if they fall on the same day.

I've been wondering the same thing about our Bermuda Magic cruise next year. I'm assuming they won't change the days but it would be nice to know if they might.

From our previous HOTHS cruises, if the ship was scheduled to be in port on actual Halloween, the festivities took place on a sea day. Last year we were on the Bermuda cruise that docked in Bermuda on Halloween; the Halloween stuff took place the day before (since we were there overnight).

Pirate night might take place on Halloween if it's a port day.

From our previous HOTHS cruises, if the ship was scheduled to be in port on actual Halloween, the festivities took place on a sea day. Last year we were on the Bermuda cruise that docked in Bermuda on Halloween; the Halloween stuff took place the day before (since we were there overnight).

Pirate night might take place on Halloween if it's a port day.

Thanks for the input. Unfortunately both 10/30 and 10/31 are scheduled port days so that makes it still harder to know what's what...

We did a HOTHS cruise in 2012. Disney has the Halloween events on the 30th a port day and it was a sea day on the 31st. A lot of passengers were unhappy with the way things were scheduled.

Interesting. We are doing a cruise on the fantasy embarking on 10/27 too. Our schedule says pirate night on day 3 after Cozumel so that we can have Halloween on Halloween which would be day 5.

i'm booked on a 10/27 out of NYC this year, and halloween day we're in WDW, so no one will be on the ship. the day before is castway cay, and the day after is already designated pirate night, so everyone's thinking it'll be the 10/29 sea day, but even disney hasn't confirmed that by phone yet.

When you are able to book activities, check On Board Fun for Pirates League. That will tell you which day is Pirate Night.

We were on the EBPC cruise last year. Halloween was a port day in Cozumel but we celebrated Halloween on 10/31.

We were on the Fantasy last year OVER Halloween (Oct 27th to Nov 3rd). October 31st was Pirate day/night and November 1st was the day they celebrated all the Halloween activities since it was a sea day (this was the Western itinerary). We were not overly thrilled with that set up. We would have rather celebrated Halloween a day or two early rather than in November :rolleyes:

We did a HOTHS cruise in 2012. Disney has the Halloween events on the 30th a port day and it was a sea day on the 31st. A lot of passengers were unhappy with the way things were scheduled.

Thank you for sharing! And wow, that is really strange...

We were on the Fantasy last year OVER Halloween (Oct 27th to Nov 3rd). October 31st was Pirate day/night and November 1st was the day they celebrated all the Halloween activities since it was a sea day (this was the Western itinerary). We were not overly thrilled with that set up. We would have rather celebrated Halloween a day or two early rather than in November :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing! And wow, that is really strange, but it's good to know.

Judging by the schedule it looks like 10/31 is going to be our pirate night (this works for me!) and I'll expect Halloween when I see it on the schedule...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter