Cruises with 2 stops at castaway cay

We did a b2b cruise on the Dream. They both had double stops at CC. So all in all, we had 4 days at CC. If memory serves me both cruises were 5 days. We loved it. I think it was in July.

We've done the double dipper a few times. It is great if you want a cruise with plenty of beach time. The weather was great and the whole cruise was so relaxing. Highly recommend the double dipper.

I think a lot of it depends on how much you like Castaway Cay, for example with myself I didn't see it as the amazing stop that a lot of people do. To me it's just a port that has a beach as its main offering, if you like just being on a beach all day it's great but if you aren't really a beach person or family then skip a double dip cruise.

I think a lot of it depends on how much you like Castaway Cay, for example with myself I didn't see it as the amazing stop that a lot of people do. To me it's just a port that has a beach as its main offering, if you like just being on a beach all day it's great but if you aren't really a beach person or family then skip a double dip cruise.
Agree. Nice but not amazing if one is comparing beaches to beaches. IMO what makes CC amazing is the convience of everything. It’s safe ( like people actually leave stuff unattended), lunch/ drinks all right there and paid for. No hunting for cabs to get to beach. Towels provided, chairs. Rentals right there. Kids club. Etc. and you know you are not missing the boat. Beach is nice but not breath taking. Maybe I am spoiled when it comes to beaches.

Don’t take me wrong I love CC and would jump on a Double dip. The convience of me letting my tweens run in their own and my mom having short walks, no stress is priceless. These cruises seem to be in times we dont travel mid summer. And are pricey from what I recall.??? Not that much lower than a 7 night. Maybe I am wrong here.

We have done this cruise. We loved it. But we love Castaway Cay. The first stop we did the sandbar excursion. Second stop we did kayaking. Both with plenty of time to relax.

Agree. Nice but not amazing if one is comparing beaches to beaches. IMO what makes CC amazing is the convience of everything. It’s safe ( like people actually leave stuff unattended), lunch/ drinks all right there and paid for. No hunting for cabs to get to beach. Towels provided, chairs. Rentals right there. Kids club. Etc. and you know you are not missing the boat. Beach is nice but not breath taking. Maybe I am spoiled when it comes to beaches.

Don’t take me wrong I love CC and would jump on a Double dip. The convience of me letting my tweens run in their own and my mom having short walks, no stress is priceless. These cruises seem to be in times we dont travel mid summer. And are pricey from what I recall.??? Not that much lower than a 7 night. Maybe I am wrong here.

Me and my Fiance love the beach and when we saw videos on castaway cay we both were in love. we are mostly interested in laying around on a beach so no matter what port that's the bulk of what we would strive to do. I do love the idea of not being stressed if its safe or figuring a ton of stuff out. However we would not want a summer cruise. I'm hoping they offer more in 2020 during a time we are interested in.

Thank you all for the responses! :)

Me and the wife loved CC so much we booked the Jun 14-19 double dip for that reason. Just like others have said, if you're not a beach person then maybe a double dip isnt for you but if you want a nice beach experience and are eager for CC then the double dip is for you.

Me and the wife loved CC so much we booked the Jun 14-19 double dip for that reason. Just like others have said, if you're not a beach person then maybe a double dip isnt for you but if you want a nice beach experience and are eager for CC then the double dip is for you.
We're on the same cruise this summer. And sole reason for selecting is the double dip. We are from AZ, so beaches to us are exotic and amazing. CC just happens to be one of the best that we have experienced (granted our experience is very limited).

Our first Disney cruise in 2015 was a double dip and we loved it...but like others have said, it helps if you are beach people (which we are). We split up our activities with one day doing the sting rays plus beach and the other day doing the bike ride and floats in the ocean.

We did it last year and loved it. It was a splurge price wise even compared to other DCL cruises. We said we wanted to do it once just to try it. I would book it again today if I could.

Remember the good old days when dcl will have double dips and not charge a lot extra for it. Only did two double dip cruises August 2006 and November 2010. Really nice doubt I will ever go on another double dip cruise again because of the price.

We booked the June 19-23 double dip. When we went in March, 2016 CC was rained out and we didn't get to do anything (we had just gotten to the adult beach, our first time there since the "baby" with us was 17, and the heavens opened up for about 4 hours). Since then we really, really appreciate CC. We went on the 3 day Fantasy last year and spent the whole time on the adult beach (no kids anymore LOL) but saw other people doing jet skis, etc., and thought that was cool. We don't do Nassau so that will be our sea day, and we scored an aft cabin. It was more than the regular 4 night but wanted to be able to try the double dip and an aft verandah.

We have done a Double Dip cruise twice and we love it.
They are the best! It gives you almost enough time to do some port Adventures, parasail, sting rays, snorkel, bike rides one day and totally relax on the beach the next day. I wish they could do an sailing where you just sail to Castaway Cay and stay for the 4 or 5 days, no Nassau, just sea days and Castaway Cay.

I don’t see it mentioned on here, but just be aware that the double stop does not include nights in the island. You get back on at 5 just like every other stop. Unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter