cruise while pregnant

buzzlightyear

Earning My Ears
I am leaving for a cruise on May 11th. I am pregnant. I will be 22 weeks along at the time. I understand that Disney is strict about the 24th week of pregnancy rule. Has anyone traveled on the cruise so close to 24 weeks? Did you have any problems? Do I need to provide proof or anything? Thank you in advance!
Debbie

Yes, you'll need proof. Get your TA to get you a copy of the medical form and have it filled out by your OB. Also, bring a copy of it with you when you check-in, in addition to faxing it. If you don't have this proof, they can deny boarding to you, since you'll be so close, and without proof, you don't want to be left in Port Canaveral.

Hey Buzzlightyear,

I am also on the May 11th wonder, and will also be 22 weeks pregnant ! Due date Sept 12, my third.

My TA sent me a medical form that my OB signed and I mailed back to the address given.
I have read many posts from women who have cruised as late as 23 weeks, and they have been fine, just keep drinking water , and dont feel like you have to do everything.

It will be myself, my DH, DD 3 and 1/2 and my dis son turning 6 on our cruise.

Good luck to you.

I cruised May of 2001 at 23 1/2 weeks pregnant. I had a WONDERful time! You definitely need the medical form filled out by your OB stating that you are okay to cruise (no medical restrictions) and how far along you will be. You will need to show the form to them when you check in at Port Canaveral.

I hope you have a great cruise. I have to say that was one of our best vacations ever! I took advantage of the spa's massage package and relaxed a LOT. Yes, there were quite a few activities that I couldn't do, but overall I had a great trip.

Enjoy! (oh, and congrats on the little one to be!)
Sue Ellen

My wife was close to the cut off time 2 years ago when we sailed on the Eastern 7 Day.

We had a letter from her doctor, but never had to use it.

As for the cruise experience, it was quite nice. Alcohol was the only real restriction we encountered. We don't drink much anyhow, so this was not a major obstacle.

We stayed up late, saw the shows, participated in the dance classes, went snorkeling and enjoyed lots of food with reduced guilt. We normally take stairs exclusively on a cruise, but we did curtail that a little bit.

The gentle rocking of the ship allowed my wife to get the best sleep she had her entire pregnancy. We also were able to put planning, baby room construction and all the other worries behind us and enjoy our last few months of being without baby.

Sail away - and enjoy the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter