Cruise Transfers

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
My friend are I are desperately wanting to book Disney transfers for our January cruise, but they’re still not available. Disney will only say that “they should be available in January” which is helpful as that’s when we sail 🙄 Is it usual for transfers to be released this late before the cruise? Previously we booked about a year before yhe cruise.

Thank you! How can any organised business leave it this late 🙄
One or both sides in the negotiations is holding firm.

I repeat my mantra: prices may be going up and they wouldn‘t want to have sold seats (and honor that prepaid fare).

We booked our Disney transfers (OW) about 3 months before cruise. Just booked return non-Disney transfers <3 weeks before cruise.

I recently booked DCL transfers about 6 days before our cruise when our plans changed last minute. I have never heard of them selling out.

MJ

Thank you! How can any organised business leave it this late 🙄
Unfortunately, we live in a time where costs are going up and businesses are having trouble retaining employees. Contracts like the one probably imposed by DCL to a future vendor involves major risks and penalties if the company fails to deliver. They can’t be on point anything but 99.9% of the time. That makes for difficult negotiations.

Unfortunately, we live in a time where costs are going up and businesses are having trouble retaining employees. Contracts like the one probably imposed by DCL to a future vendor involves major risks and penalties if the company fails to deliver. They can’t be on point anything but 99.9% of the time. That makes for difficult negotiations.
And the fact they cut ties with Mears at the parks, but they were still providing the DCL buses.

We were finally able to book transfers for our Feb 24 cruise this week. We're sailing out of New Orleans, so it may not apply to all of the ports yet, but it looks like at least some of the transportation for next year has been sorted out.

This is interesting information. When I booked my next cruise, I think I ticked the box requesting transportation for something like $60pp, but my TA said that it wasn't available to book yet. I found it a little odd, but at least I know the reason why.

And the fact they cut ties with Mears at the parks, but they were still providing the DCL buses.
Mears provided the DCL busses before Magical Express was introduced. So I am not sure how much of an impact that now has.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter