Cruise tipping

Dare I ask what the purpose the envelope serves if the gratuity is already paid?

Mostly to give people the chance to say thank you personally. Because we don't always see our room attendant the last morning and have occasionally not seen one of our servers if they've been re-assigned, we never put cash into the envelope. If we want to give more, we will have Guest Services adjust it. This way we know that, even if we don't actually see them, they will get the money.

Hi Everyone,

We are from Australia where we dont tip. Could you please give me an indication on approx how much to tip on the cruise and who to tip? I was thinking we would tip our room steward and wait staff? Do we do this in one go at the end of the cruise or per day?

Tip what you're comfortable to do so in line with the service received and affordability, It's a Tip/Gratuity, not a Service Charge. Some feel an obligation to supplement the crews wages (As it is low), personally I always tip in line with the service received. Considering how much $$$ we, as passengers, pay to cruise in the first place, there should be no moral obligation to spend more unless you want to.

We used to tip extra but since the price of the cruise has gone up exponentially over the last five years we just stick with dcl's suggested/added on gratuity. We tip the guys at the pier about $3 per bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter