Cruise Search Struggles

Spork24

Mr. Blue Bird on my shoulder
Does anyone else get frustrated by the fact that Cruise companies wont let you search cruises by specific dates like every other travel type in the world.

I am only interested in cruises that Depart on Sept 29-Oct 1, but because of the way the search engines are built for seemingly every cruise line, I have to sort through 2 months of cruises looking for the right ones. It's maddening.

Anyone else frustrated by this? Anyone have any tips?

There's a site I use to get an idea of what cruises are out there, it's called Vacations to Go. The first search doesn't allow you to specify dates, but once you put in the months and you want to narrow it down, you can put in the specific dates.

Costco is also great, but not every cruise line will be visible there.

You can use other filters (e.g., departure port, cruise length, etc.) to narrow the search.

Cruiseplum is a fantastic site for very specific searches. You can create an account to save searches and track prices. It's independently run, and isn't part of any agency.

You can use other filters (e.g., departure port, cruise length, etc.) to narrow the search.
Sure, but the current search I'm really up for almost any departure port or destination, and somewhat open to back to backs to hit my desired cruise length. So these extra filters that I am well aware of aren't so helpful this time.

Cruiseplum is a fantastic site for very specific searches. You can create an account to save searches and track prices. It's independently run, and isn't part of any agency.

Thanks! I will check them out

Sure, but the current search I'm really up for almost any departure port or destination, and somewhat open to back to backs to hit my desired cruise length. So these extra filters that I am well aware of aren't so helpful this time.

What is your cruise length?

I don't know any cruise search that will automatically show combined back to back cruises. You'll have to patch that together yourself.

I would use Vacations to Go's custom search: https://www.vacationstogo.com/custom.cfm where you can select your departure date of Sept 29-Oct 1 and only Disney cruises (if that's what you want).

You'll get 3 results, the Disney Wish (3-day Bahamas), Disney Magic (5 Day Caribbean) and the Disney Fantasy (7 Day Caribbean). You can than click on the name of each ship and search just for that ship in October to see where they go and for how long.

Does anyone else get frustrated by the fact that Cruise companies wont let you search cruises by specific dates like every other travel type in the world.

I am only interested in cruises that Depart on Sept 29-Oct 1, but because of the way the search engines are built for seemingly every cruise line, I have to sort through 2 months of cruises looking for the right ones. It's maddening.

Anyone else frustrated by this? Anyone have any tips?
I use Expedia's site to search exact date ranges for cruises.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter