Cruise qustions from a non us citizen

Chrispin

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I and my family are coming out to orlando tommorow from the uk and we have our cruise booked for next week, its a 4 day trip.

I have a few questions which i would be grateful if someone could answer.

1. When we present our passports upon checking in do we get them back or do they keep them untill leaving?

2. If the do take the passports what can we use for photo id if we have none other than the passport?

3. When will we be given the passports back, as I saw before someone said 5.30am is that true?

4. There are 2 young adults with us 20 and 22 boys that have no jacket as is required for one of the restaurants. We will only be going to the 3 different revolving ones and one suggested a jacket to be worn. Is this a serious suggestion or can they get away with just some smart trouses (pants) and a smart shirt?

Hi, we are from Canada and I can answer a few questions.
1. At check in they will take your passport and keep it until the end of the cruise when you will get it back at immigration before you leave the ship.
2.They will photo copy your passport picture at check in and you must use the photocopy along with your key to the world card as your ID when leaving and returning to the ship.

Hi Chrispin and welcome to the DIS!
On each of my 10 DCL cruises, we had to present ourselves at 6 am on disembarkation day to get our passports back and clear Immigration. I promptly went back to the room and went back to bed for an hour. :)

There is no formal night on the 4-night cruise so a nice shirt and pants will be fine. The jacket is a suggestion, but I would say most people don't wear one.

Have a wonderful time!
Cathy

:wave:
Hi Chrispin

We are also non-US citizens.
When we did the 3 Day last September, they took our passports at check-in but did not do any photocopying. We used our Canadian Driver's Licenses as photo ID. I know that until very recently British licenses didn't have photos, so you will likely need some other ID with photos. Perhaps they will photocopy for you if you request it. No one asked us if we had any photo ID and my husband was still using his British passport. If I hadn't read it on this board, we would not have known about it. This is a great place for information.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Cheers
Gail R

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter