• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise planning

DMDaisy31

Earning My Ears
So, my sister and I are planning to try a Disney cruise... we are major WDW fans and have never cruised before. Anyone have a travel agent they have used specifically for a Disney cruise that you would HIGHLY recommend? Any must know information for us as we start the planning phase? Best ports on a four day cruise? Any info is greatly appreciated!!!

Hmm.... 4 days... what are your thoughts about a reposition cruise?

Well, with DCL you don't have many options for ports on a 4 night cruise. The Dream always goes to Nassau & Castaway Cay on 3 and 4 night cruises. The Magic or Wonder may have other ports in there once in awhile IF they are doing 3-4 night cruises. As for TA....I guess it depends on how much hand holding you need. I use Dreams Unlimited for the sole purpose of Onboard Credit. My agent is Beth Fejer. She does nothing but book the cruise for me. I do all the research for what date, sailing, ship, stateroom and dinner seating I want. I just forward that info to her with my food allergy info & request for a private table. I book my own excursions and adult dining reservations.

I would be doing most of my own research, but have seen that using a TA can get onboard credits, which is why I would go through one and also to just know that everything was being taken care of.

What is a reposition cruise?

I would be doing most of my own research, but have seen that using a TA can get onboard credits, which is why I would go through one and also to just know that everything was being taken care of.

What is a reposition cruise?
When a ship is moved from one home port to a new home port for a series of cruises. As in the Panama Canal cruise (on the Wonder) is a repo cruise to move the ship from the east coast to the west coast for her Alaska season.

Or when the Magic goes from the east coast to Europe for her summer cruises, the Trans Atlantic cruise is a repo cruise.

Yes I highly recommend Tracey Hienricks from DreamsUnlimited Travel!! She has successfully booked several cruises for us and everything has always been as planned, including our request for our favorite stateroom,and our favorite server Freddy Pinella Bodya on the Wonder! She even stopped by to say hello to me when she was in Kona on a Hawaii cruise!! So professional and helpful!!

I've been happy with Small World Vacations, but word on the street is that Costco is the TA to beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter