• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise insurance flight coverage

Luvmypetz

Mouseketeer
Hello and thanks in advance for the help! I’ve purchased insurance before, not through the cruise line, but never added flight costs as I used Southwest points to book and could cancel and get refunded. My cruise out of Rome next year only has an outgoing flight right now, the return date doesn’t go that far. A refundable fare is more money (obviously) but I’m curious, do I add the (non refundable) flight cost into the insurance quote to include cruise AND flight? Right now the one way is a $500 difference between refundable/non. I’m not sure even the no refundable will go down as I’ve been making mock flights for months.
Edit: NOT a DCL cruise

Last edited:
I’ve purchased insurance before, not through the cruise line
do I add the (non refundable) flight cost into the insurance quote to include cruise AND flight?

Third-party insurance or through DCL? If it’s the DCL-offered plan you can only add flights if purchased through DCL. If third party, yes you just add the nonrefundable value of the flights for everything to be covered (cruise+flights).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter