Cruise for adults

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Which Disney ship is the best for an adults only trip and why?
Destination is not as important as ship. We enjoy spending time onboard and have been to most of the places Disney is sailing we want the experience

After seeing the WISH I'm gonna say that it is going to be the best. The new adults area on the Wish looks amazing. It's at the very back of the ship and the new Senses spa area looks amazing.

Otherwise, I've been on adults only cruises on the Dream, Wonder and Fantasy and they were all great! We did the tastings, trivia, the adults only shows, dancing, adults karaoke, adults silent dj, etc.

After seeing the WISH I'm gonna say that it is going to be the best. The new adults area on the Wish looks amazing. It's at the very back of the ship and the new Senses spa area looks amazing.

Otherwise, I've been on adults only cruises on the Dream, Wonder and Fantasy and they were all great! We did the tastings, trivia, the adults only shows, dancing, adults karaoke, adults silent dj, etc.

I'm curious to see how the Wish will be for adults because it looks like they are throwing more Disney directly in your face than the older ships.

I'm curious to see how the Wish will be for adults because it looks like they are throwing more Disney directly in your face than the older ships.

What? How? Granted we've only seen an idea of what it will look like...but it's not very Disney themed. I don't find the adults areas are on any of the ships.

Which Disney ship is the best for an adults only trip and why?
Destination is not as important as ship. We enjoy spending time onboard and have been to most of the places Disney is sailing we want the experience

We prefer the pool area and the adult club spaces on the classics.

To have a more adult cruise, I would say it's not just a ship issue, but also a timing issue. If you sail the shorter cruises and the ones that occur during school breaks, there will be more kids onboard. The long repo cruises (TA,PC) will have the lowest number of kids.

We prefer the pool area and the adult club spaces on the classics.

To have a more adult cruise, I would say it's not just a ship issue, but also a timing issue. If you sail the shorter cruises and the ones that occur during school breaks, there will be more kids onboard. The long repo cruises (TA,PC) will have the lowest number of kids.

I also noticed more kids and more... let's say "loud" people when I sailed a 3-night weekend cruise vs. the 4-night weekday cruise immediately before it.

It is the itinerary and timing more than the ship. I'm on WBPC now (14 day) and very few kids. As mentioned, transatlantic will have fewer. Summer, school breaks and shorter cruises have more kids.

We have been on the Fantasy the most, so that skews my answer, but we love sitting in La Piazza at night and having a drink.

However, I prefer O'Gills/the sports pub in the smaller ships.

I cannot WAIT to hang out in Hyperspace Lounge on the Wish, though. I doubt I'll be going to the Starcruiser anytime soon, so that will satisfy me for now. :)

What? How? Granted we've only seen an idea of what it will look like...but it's not very Disney themed. I don't find the adults areas are on any of the ships.
I think they mean the ship in general. For example:

Staterooms have Disney artwork replacing nautical theme on older ships.

2 out if 3 main dining rooms are disney character dinner shows. Magic and Wonder have that too now. But Dream and Fantasy only have the Crush show in AP and very fleeting character smile and wave in EG the Wish has the Frozen and Marvel dinner shows.

Main water slide is now a disney attraction at sea with Mickey/Minnie video screens playing throughout the ride.

Skyline lounge (themed to world cities) is now Hyperspace Lounge (themed to star wars).

Main atrium now has a big castle stage.

Adult dining venues are themed to beauty and the beast (although pretty subtle from the looks of it).

So I can see how someone would find the Wish to be more “disney-in-your-face.” However I kind of think all the disney ships are very Disney-centric, with Disney stage shows, movies, and music. I also like Disney stuff as an adult do I don’t think of that stuff as just for kids, but YMMV.

We, too, have been on almost all DCL cruises...out of 10, 3 have been without kids. The longest adventure was a B2B Medit./WBTA several years ago on the Magic. We had a blast with loads of things to do on many sea days. Liked it so much we are doing a B2B again this Sept. with a Brit. Isles/WBTA on the Magic...this time with our 54-year-old son...so we do have a "kid." Might be hard to get him in one of the clubs., however. It'll be great fun sharing the adventure.

I think they mean the ship in general. For example:

2 out if 3 main dining rooms are disney character dinner shows. Magic and Wonder have that too now. But Dream and Fantasy only have the Crush show in AP and very fleeting character smile and wave in EG the Wish has the Frozen and Marvel dinner shows.

Main water slide is now a disney attraction at sea with Mickey/Minnie video screens playing throughout the ride.

Skyline lounge (themed to world cities) is now Hyperspace Lounge (themed to star wars).

Adult dining venues are themed to beauty and the beast (although pretty subtle from the looks of it).

So I can see how someone would find the Wish to be more “disney-in-your-face.” However I kind of think all the disney ships are very Disney-centric, with Disney stage shows, movies, and music. I also like Disney stuff as an adult do I don’t think of that stuff as just for kids, but YMMV.
I mean if you don't want Disney then DCL is probably the wrong cruise line anyways! lol

We, too, have been on almost all DCL cruises...out of 10, 3 have been without kids. The longest adventure was a B2B Medit./WBTA several years ago on the Magic. We had a blast with loads of things to do on many sea days. Liked it so much we are doing a B2B again this Sept. with a Brit. Isles/WBTA on the Magic...this time with our 54-year-old son...so we do have a "kid." Might be hard to get him in one of the clubs., however. It'll be great fun sharing the adventure.

I mean on embarkation day everyone can go play in the kids clubs! ;)

But the current staterooms also have Disney theming everywhere, from Mickeys in the shower curtain to theme parks marked on the lightshades to Disney music on the walls.

As you say, 2/3 restaurants are already character meals on the Magic-class ships. The restaurants that aren't character meals still feature Disney theming everywhere. Enchanted Garden used to be an exception (mostly), but not anymore.

Aquaduck doesn't have screens, but it certainly has a cute Disney theme to go with it. There's a reason Donald is stuck in the funnel.

Valid, but there are still non-Disney bars and lounges available.

Oh, come on. It has a theater stage. Nothing about it says "castle". And it's there to make atrium shows better. The rest of the "grand hall" isn't really all that different from the current ships. Giant staircase, giant chandelier, three levels, sparse seating options, neat statue. It's all the same, plus a theater stage for atrium shows.

Remy is, of course, themed after Ratatouille. And Palo on the Dream-class ships is just generic fancy boring themed. Meridian is cool, though.

But anyway, why are people surprised or annoyed that Disney is featuring Disney things on a Disney cruise ship? I just don't get it. I kind of understand the complaint with regards to Epcot because everyone has nostalgia and doesn't like things to change, but that doesn't really apply here since Wish is a new ship and nobody can have nostalgia for it, yet.[/quote]

It is the itinerary and timing more than the ship. I'm on WBPC now (14 day) and very few kids. As mentioned, transatlantic will have fewer. Summer, school breaks and shorter cruises have more kids.
Sorry what is WBPC?
Newbie here

But the current staterooms also have Disney theming everywhere, from Mickeys in the shower curtain to theme parks marked on the lightshades to Disney music on the walls.

Currently it is much more subtle than what we have seen conception art for the Wish though.

I agree! And from what I've seen (admittedly not everything) the adult pool/bar area, where we spend most of our days, looks small. I need to sail on it to reserve judgement, but the dining rooms are turning me off. I'm not excited enough about the ship to book it...yet. ;)

To answer the original question, I would lean toward the Dream and Fantasy mostly because of Satellite Falls, and the fact I've never had an issue getting a pool chair in the sun in the adult area like I have on the Magic and Wonder.

Aquaduck doesn't have screens, but it certainly has a cute Disney theme to go with it. There's a reason Donald is stuck in the funnel.
Was referring to the Aquamouse on the Wish, which absolutely does have screens.

More generally, yeah I totally agree with you that there is a lot of Disney already on the existing ships. But it is, to be fair, considerably more subtle than the Wish in a lot of places. I am the Disney nut in my family and was drooling over the Wish intro video, but my DH rolled his eyes when they showed the stateroom pics and said “ugh more castles and princesses.” I guarantee he never even noticed the hidden mickeys in the shower curtains on the current ships because you kind of have to be looking to notice that kind of thing. We have only been on the Dream class ships thus far and are sailing on the Magic for the first time so will see if he survives the Tangled restaurant…

Was referring to the Aquamouse on the Wish, which absolutely does have screens.

And I was comparing it to the existing slides, which don't have screens, but do have Disney character theming. At least, the ones on Dream and Fantasy do. I haven't been on Magic, yet.

More generally, yeah I totally agree with you that there is a lot of Disney already on the existing ships. But it is, to be fair, considerably more subtle than the Wish in a lot of places. I am the Disney nut in my family and was drooling over the Wish intro video, but my DH rolled his eyes when they showed the stateroom pics and said “ugh more castles and princesses.” I guarantee he never even noticed the hidden mickeys in the shower curtains on the current ships because you kind of have to be looking to notice that kind of thing. We have only been on the Dream class ships thus far and are sailing on the Magic for the first time so will see if he survives the Tangled restaurant…

Eh, some people are just no fun. There's nothing wrong with princesses and castles!

The only thing I see that's "more Disney" in the new rooms is the big painting behind the bed. They even took away some neat things, like the lamp shades![/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter