• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise Documents for Changed Itineraries

Betsypup

Grab Shell
Has anyone from the 11/4 or 10/21 sailings to the Eastern Caribbean (and now the Western) gotten their cruise documents? I'm 33 days out and have not received them. I know it's early but I'm just curious.

They arrive anywhere from 21 to 30 days prior to sail date. If you do not have them at 21 days contact DCL and they will send them to you again.
If you are going thru a TA who has NOT requested they go directly to you, then you might have a bit longer to wait as they are sent to the agency and then onto the client.

We were supposed to be on the 9/9 that was cancelled, changed to the 10/21 and received our new documents 9/27.

We are on the 11/4 and received them last week. They did have the Eastern itinerary though so I don't know if they will be sending out revised ones.

Our documents for the 11/4 came on Tuesday the 26th. Showed the Eastern ports; however, that has been updated on the website. However, the luggage tags are still good! :)

I am not sure how everyone else feels but I would be disappointed to book and Eastern and then have to take the Western instead. I totally get there was a hurricane and that DCL is totally within their right to do so but I would still feel disappointed. Especially if all the ports are packed because of the other cruise lines doing the same thing.

I am not sure how everyone else feels but I would be disappointed to book and Eastern and then have to take the Western instead. I totally get there was a hurricane and that DCL is totally within their right to do so but I would still feel disappointed. Especially if all the ports are packed because of the other cruise lines doing the same thing.
How can you not be sure how everyone else feels? There were about 42,000 posts of people quite firmly stating their position on it!!! :mic:

The term "it is what it is" has been said at our house many times about this. I'll never be upset about a cruise vacation.

Trying to reply to @Trera. Don't know why the quote didn't post.

I totally agree. I choose my vacations, carefully, for a variety of reasons.

Not happy about this change, at all, but I understand why it had to be done.

I'm hoping that I receive my pre-arranged "Onboard Fun".

I was on the 9/8 cancelled sailing on the Dream AND on the 9/23 EC that turned Western. We had already sailed that itinerary twice this year and a few other times previously.
I was pleasantly surprised that the ports were not any fuller than normal. There was one other ship in Jamaica (as usual and nothing new there) And we were the only ship at Punta Lagonsta in Mexico. There were a couple of other ships in Caymans, but nothing crazy.

I booked a replacement 3 night cruise for October 20th and my books came in while we were away last week.

We are on the 11/4 and received them last week. They did have the Eastern itinerary though so I don't know if they will be sending out revised ones.

There is no need to change the information or revise them as your basic information remains the same and your luggage tags remain the same as well. The only difference is that your excursions information will change.

9/23 Fantasy, Eastern, that went Western.

What a great trip. WOW.
Note: That is Number 3 Disney Fantasy Western route for us. We didn't plan it that way.

What we feel, well the crew of the Fantasy made our trip well worth while. I think an Eastern will happen someday. If it doesn't well not sure I care. To our eyes Disney outshines all we have been on. Destination for us is the gangplank. Make sense? Anyway, Go for it,, enjoy the time away.

9/23 Fantasy, Eastern, that went Western.

What a great trip. WOW.
Note: That is Number 3 Disney Fantasy Western route for us. We didn't plan it that way.

What we feel, well the crew of the Fantasy made our trip well worth while. I think an Eastern will happen someday. If it doesn't well not sure I care. To our eyes Disney outshines all we have been on. Destination for us is the gangplank. Make sense? Anyway, Go for it,, enjoy the time away.
great report. Thanks for sharing.

Trying to reply to @Trera. Don't know why the quote didn't post.

I totally agree. I choose my vacations, carefully, for a variety of reasons.

Not happy about this change, at all, but I understand why it had to be done.

I'm hoping that I receive my pre-arranged "Onboard Fun".
I think that was the biggest thing that people I have also talked to have said..................."hopefully I still get my cabana, palo, princess meets, etc."

I think that was the biggest thing that people I have also talked to have said..................."hopefully I still get my cabana, palo, princess meets, etc."

Yes, if I don't get that, then I'm really going to be mad. I am going on a vacation that I really don't have any desire to go to.

Therefore, if my granddaughter's Meet and Greets disappear, Disney better watch out. It's not going to pretty at GS.

Yes, if I don't get that, then I'm really going to be mad. I am going on a vacation that I really don't have any desire to go to.

Therefore, if my granddaughter's Meet and Greets disappear, Disney better watch out. It's not going to pretty at GS.

We are sailing this Saturday, 10/7. All of our onboard arrangements carried over to the new itinerary with no issues so you should be fine. I ended up cancelling or rescheduling so we could so some port activities as the sea days are on different days of the cruise now. That might be something for you to consider if you are planning excursions.

I've always wanted to go to BVI so I have my personal disappointment that we didn't get there sooner. Obviously, that doesn't hold a candle to the devastation in the islands. I'm still happy to be going and not be sitting in my office next week.

All of our onboard arrangements carried over to the new itinerary with no issues so you should be fine

On sea day, Day 3, I have the Frozen Meet & Greet at 12:15. That is now a port day in Cozumel. So, I'm not sure how that is going to work.

I already have a tasting on Day2 (Sea Day) and a tasting and Princess Gathering on the 2nd sea day.

Last edited:
What shore excursion did you do in GC?

You didn't feel it was any more crowded than previous visits?

Did not do a port excursion this time in GC (It was our 5th time there since 2013) However, there was one other ship I recall seeing in port with us ...an MSC ship,. The tendering process is very smooth and like a well oiled machine. :)
I never feel like GC is out of control busy. I think it is due to the tendering process and controlling the flow of folks getting in and out of the port.

Even though it is not what we planned (this was our 3rd WC itinerary this year alone) it was still a wonderful vacation.

Last September we were on the Eastern that missed stopping at St. Thomas because of good old Matthew. It was too windy and rough water to dock safely. But we managed to see both Tortola and St, Thomas in January 2016 but missed Castaway Cay when there were engine propulsion issues and we had to skip CC to get home on time.
Sometimes things happen and sadly our plans change. I really hope you have a fantastic time regardless of it being your first pick. Hopefully, we can all make it there another time when the islands have recovered a bit and able to receive visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter