Cruise dates

Memaw73

Earning My Ears
Hi,
Newbie from Australia trying to plan their first ever cruise and Disneyworld trip.
Hubby and I are looking at travelling in October 2023 to celebrate the big 50th bday and 30 year wedding anniversary.
We are planning to Stay onsite for 14 days at Disneyworld than take a short 3 day cruise to Nassau ( first cruise with seasick hubby).
In planning we are wanting to know.
1. What is the difference between the 3 and 4 day cruise. They both do the same route so why is one 3 and one is 4?
2. Are the cruise dates each year similar to the next year?
3. Booking opening dates for October 23.

Thanks
For your help.

1. On a 4 night you get a day at sea but they go to the same places. That said I would always want to try and do the 4 night as the extra stuff on that sea day is usually worth it. Has hubby tried sea bands at all? I found these worked great for sea sickness
  2. For 3 & 4 night cruises yes usually but sometimes they do change out slightly
  3. Not until around May time. The next release is due any day and will cover up til September 2023

1. For most DCL guests, what goes on onboard the ship is more important than what you can do in ports. So, with an extra day, you do more activities, like meeting characters, go to a show… Many stay onboard in Nassau to maximize their time onboard.
2. There is always a ship doing the 3-4 rotation out of Port Canaveral. It will switch from the Dream to the Wish later this year. Those cruises will probably be more popular since it is a new ship.

In your planning, perhaps you could shorten your Disney World stay and spend a few days in LA and Disneyland. You could route your flights from Australia to Orlando through LA and do a twofer with the mouse. We have done all of Disney World in 7 days...lot of walking and scheduling, but we did it at 80ish years of age...even the hard-to-get rides.
Out of 10 DCL cruises, we have only done one short one...5 nights. 3-4 nights are too short for us. You might think about having a shorter stay at WDW and increasing your cruise time. I know, choices, choices!! Good luck and you will have a great time no matter how your final schedule is resolved.

We are swapping places! Our trip down under is for this coming December.

The 3- and 4-nighters are scheduled as such to fit them within a week. This allows repeating the same schedule all year long. If you can, do the 4-nighter or longer.

Theres lots of good info on this group to show what extras are available on that extra sea day as well so you can think about if you would want to do those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter