• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really hoping WDW doesn’t wait until Oct 1st to unveil everything new for 2021.
We’re going in Sept and hoped they’d have some newer stuff started. Didn’t think they’d risk trying to deal with all different hiccups on 1 day or in 1 week for that matter.
Biggest on our list: HarmoniUS, Genie system, Magic time early open for onsite guests, Remy, Space220, Fantasmic!...
Could/would they wait until Oct 1st and on to open most of these?
You have a realistic shot at space 220.

You do know magic early time once in effect will be a downgrade from right now where they open 30-45 minutes before but most people don’t realize so it’s great? And I can’t imagine being excited for Genie, Disney gets nothing right at first rollout so Heaven have mercy on the poor folks stuck using that app in its first month.

I’m really hoping WDW doesn’t wait until Oct 1st to unveil everything new for 2021.
We’re going in Sept and hoped they’d have some newer stuff started. Didn’t think they’d risk trying to deal with all different hiccups on 1 day or in 1 week for that matter.
Biggest on our list: HarmoniUS, Genie system, Magic time early open for onsite guests, Remy, Space220, Fantasmic!...
Could/would they wait until Oct 1st and on to open most of these?
I’m starting to feel the same way. We are going in June and I thought for sure they would have something new up and running (perhaps RAT, perhaps Harmonius, perhaps just open up more restaurants) I don’t know, I just thought SOMETHING would be better. I’m not regretting my reservation, I’m just disappointed to be getting the short end of the stick. I really feel what PP said was correct... instead of new things for the 50th, they will just delay everything that should have been operational by then and try to pawn it off as the celebration.

I figured for sure they would open at the same time as the Velocicoaster. Universal is just killing Disney right now.
Not really the case. They have Velocicoaster coming, but after that they have nothing until Epic Universe which may be a thing by 2025. Disney has GOTG, Tron and Rat in the works. They opened Pandora, Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge and MMRR somewhat recently. Universals last few big additions were Hagrids (good), Fast and the Furious (terrible), Jimmy Fallon (terrible) and Kong (meh). It's not like Universal is hitting home run after home run.

Not really the case. They have Velocicoaster coming, but after that they have nothing until Epic Universe which may be a thing by 2025. Disney has GOTG, Tron and Rat in the works. They opened Pandora, Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge and MMRR somewhat recently. Universals last few big additions were Hagrids (good), Fast and the Furious (terrible), Jimmy Fallon (terrible) and Kong (meh). It's not like Universal is hitting home run after home run.
Talking about more specifically coming back after the closures and what are you talking about Fast and the Furious is the best ride in all of Orlando:rotfl2:

A little surprising on the timeline for remy. Wonder what else they will be pushing back from bringing back :rolleyes: .

Ah, I didn't realize that it happened that early. I would guess we'd see them go on sale this summer if Disney wanted to have the parties
I think generally the party tickets went on sale right around 180 days from the first party date so people wouldn't need to change around their ADRs as much.

In recent years WDW expanded the Halloween Party start date from Labor Day weekend to mid-August, lol. If there wasn't the need to wait for Halloween to pass MVMCP would start at least by Columbus Day 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter