• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I mean the bright side is that that probably means they expect relative normalcy by that time. But I do agree with pp about not much incentive to go in summer. But another bright side maybe things will change/open and slowly there will be an improved experience?

Now I'm extra curious about the fate of Harmonious (however you spell it)- I can easily see them pushing that to Oct. too.

If they're purposely pushing back experiences that are completed until then and basically saying this summer is a wash.. let's see some better discounts then. 😂
Well, when does Food and Wine start?

Disney pretty much said it will start by F&W so Aug maybe?

Now I'm extra curious about the fate of Harmonious (however you spell it)- I can easily see them pushing that to Oct. too.

If they're purposely pushing back experiences that are completed until then and basically saying this summer is a wash.. let's see some better discounts then. 😂
They know booking trends. By now they probably have a realistic look at summer and either it’s healthy enough that they don’t need to drive traffic, OR (most likely) it’s quiet and with mask mandates still in effect and vaccines still being administered they’re writing it off and aiming for a huge splash for fall/winter/2022 bookings.

October is kinda ridiculous since we all know it’s just sitting there ready to go, but I’m grateful to have a hard date for planning purposes.

They know booking trends. By now they probably have a realistic look at summer and either it’s healthy enough that they don’t need to drive traffic, OR (most likely) it’s quiet and with mask mandates still in effect and vaccines still being administered they’re writing it off and aiming for a huge splash for fall/winter/2022 bookings.

October is kinda ridiculous since we all know it’s just sitting there ready to go, but I’m grateful to have a hard date for planning purposes.

I also wonder if the same shortened hours, closed food spots/shops will remain this summer. I've been hoping by our trip (June) we'd see some steps towards normalcy with at least park hours. But now I'm starting to wonder if summer is the last haul of 'money saving' before October.

And if that's the case... I wonder if I should just push our trip out. 🤷‍♀️

It takes a long time to finish up a whole new park. Tron probably won't be too far behind GOTG if it's even behind it at all.
Would Disney open tron 6-12 months before epic universe is slated to open? Or wait like we’re seeing with Remi to pick a more optimal date?

what rides do they have started in 22/23/24 to compete with epic universe? Either hypothetical or actual?

GOTG would need to open in 2022 and tron late 2023 with EU slated for Jan 2025. If tron got pushed into 2024, they’d likely do the October 1 opening to give it wow factor compared to EU. (Less than 6 months between tron and EU is still blowing my mind at the possibilities)

Would Disney open tron 6-12 months before epic universe is slated to open? Or wait like we’re seeing with Remi to pick a more optimal date?

what rides do they have started in 22/23/24 to compete with epic universe? Either hypothetical or actual?

GOTG would need to open in 2022 and tron late 2023 with EU slated for Jan 2025. If tron got pushed into 2024, they’d likely do the October 1 opening to give it wow factor compared to EU. (Less than 6 months between tron and EU is still blowing my mind at the possibilities)
I think whatever would open opposite of EU hasn't started construction yet. I don't see Tron of GOTG extending out nearly that long. It'll probably depend on how well attendance bounces back after COVID is over (whenever that happens). If people don't come back at nearly the same levels as before, there probably won't be much investment in the parks.

I’m really hoping WDW doesn’t wait until Oct 1st to unveil everything new for 2021.
We’re going in Sept and hoped they’d have some newer stuff started. Didn’t think they’d risk trying to deal with all different hiccups on 1 day or in 1 week for that matter.
Biggest on our list: HarmoniUS, Genie system, Magic time early open for onsite guests, Remy, Space220, Fantasmic!...
Could/would they wait until Oct 1st and on to open most of these?

Blah I am so pissed by this! We were supposed to ride this damn ride on our (cancelled) July 2020 trip, and now won't even get to ride it for our June 2021 trip. They are all about maximizing profit. Their stock hit a record high yesterday. This crap is just pinching pennies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter