• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is the case but in March there were very limited amounts of tests and some doctors/hospitals would not test a person unless they had high fever and a cough. I know this as I had COVID and got sick March 16th and didn't get tested until the end of April. So that could potentially account for the reason why the positive tests were not done until much later. :confused3
I had the same thing happen, got sick on March 14 and couldn't get a test even with a cough and fever because I was "young and healthy". Pretty much unless I was dying they weren't going to test me. I finally got a test several weeks later, and sure enough I had it (I was/am a longhauler, tested positive still about 6 weeks later, took forever to get that out of my system), so when something from that time period says that it was 4-6 weeks later I believe it. Of course I still don't think anyone has a leg to stand on in this against Disney, they went on the cruise knowing the risks.

On that DCL lawsuit, didn't DCL change their cancellation policy right before that cruise took place on March 7 allowing people to cancel up to a day before the trip. I'm not sure offhand when that went into effect.

The other part about possibly contracting the virus and not testing positive until weeks later is possible.

Not sure if this is the case but in March there were very limited amounts of tests and some doctors/hospitals would not test a person unless they had high fever and a cough. I know this as I had COVID and got sick March 16th and didn't get tested until the end of April. So that could potentially account for the reason why the positive tests were not done until much later. :confused3
You had COVID for six weeks? Or you had an antibody test? I have never heard of somebody having COVID active to test positive longer than two weeks....wait I wanted to correct that because there are a small group that are testing positive months later and having periodic relapses with symptoms and it’s one of those unique things they are trying to figure out like the people that never regain their sense of taste or smell. My point was basically that the lawsuit people can’t prove they got it on the cruise.

I mean thats a little late IMO

they want to maximize all they can this fall and winter it looks like

Yeah no idea why they are waiting that long to open it. Maybe their thinking is they won't be able to reduce any restrictions until the summer as far as distancing is concerned and are hoping to be able to open it and have a gathering of sorts to celebrate its opening?

As someone who is going Easter week I'm glad it wasn't only a few weeks later but 5 months away is a bit crazy for a ride that to most of the rumors is done.

Yeah no idea why they are waiting that long to open it. Maybe their thinking is they won't be able to reduce any restrictions until the summer as far as distancing is concerned and are hoping to be able to open it and have a gathering of sorts to celebrate its opening?

As someone who is going Easter week I'm glad it wasn't only a few weeks later but 5 months away is a bit crazy for a ride that to most of the rumors is done.

They have to be expecting restrictions will be lifted by then.

Its absurd to make everything happen that weekend if restrictions still in place

This leaves such a bad taste in my mouth with Disney. They are basically "adding" something to the 50th by delaying. It's lazy, cheap, and greedy.

This unofficially means nothing else will be opened before then.
AND the joke about epic universe beating out tron isn’t funny anymore... with GOTG opening in 2022 ish, tron could open as late as 2024 (yikes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter