Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to drag out the mask conversation that never ends but it would be nice to see masks only required indoors at Disney World once the country hits an acceptable vaccinated rate. Especially with such positive news lately about vaccine availability for all adults by the end of April. If everyone who wants a vaccine has the means to get it then I don't see why this wouldn't be a great step back to normalcy.

As for Blizzard Beach, if folks aren't comfortable they can at least avoid it- same with the resort pools since the policy is clear.

But man... one thing I definitely won't miss after all this? All the arguing about masks and covid protocols everywhere you turn around.... 😬 It's brought so much negativity to the DISboards.
Not to drag out the mask thing again (but I guess I am), I don't understand the logic in eventually going to masks "indoors only". If, as in your comment, vaccines are available to all adults by the end of April, then why would the mask requirement not just be completely dropped? We may need to wait an extra couple of months after to April to get all the shots into arms and to reach herd immunity. But after that, only people who refuse to get the vaccine will be vulnerable - and that's on them.

Last edited:
the lazy river rule is nuts and honestly they are Insane for expecting masks in restrooms. Just dances our night stay in April and calling to see if we can get a refund on our passes. Im not about to walk half way across the park to get a mask when a kid needs to go potty or myself. We often put our stuff in a spot and then bounce from slide to slide to slide.

Same here and tbh we are close to selling our dvc and never returning .

But it’s a whole new game this summer, the crowds were almost non existent last summer . People got through a bunch of rides much quicker and spent much less
Time in lines. I
Selling your DVC when masks are only temporary... may I ask why they enrage you so? OT I know but that seems extreme. No one likes them but the vast majority of people understand the benefit of them and have accepted the minor inconvenience they cause.

Let me know what they say about annual passes. After the insane crowds on president’s day weekend I thought about calling to inquire about the possibility a partial return. No FPs bother me a lot than anything else we’ve lost to this point.

Yeah, some changes there, but could DL cover operating costs at 15% capacity? I doubt it, so how long will it take to get to a high enough capacity to make it feasible to operate?
I think that would be moot by mid April. Orange County is almost in the red tier, and should hit orange a few weeks later should trends continue. WDW originally opened at 25%.

Selling your DVC when masks are only temporary... may I ask why they enrage you so? OT I know but that seems extreme. No one likes them but the vast majority of people understand the benefit of them and have accepted the minor inconvenience they cause.

Let me know what they say about annual passes. After the insane crowds on president’s day weekend I thought about calling to inquire about the possibility a partial return. No FPs bother me a lot than anything else we’ve lost to this point.
It’s not just masks just don’t love the way the company has handled Covid as a whole.

The Blizzard Beach faux confusion is reminiscent of every single mask debate that has happened for the last year.

No, Covid doesn’t avoid water parks and pools 🙄. It can be unsafe to wear them swimming (does this need to be pointed out? Apparently) so the risk of wearing them is heightened. They are NOT implying there is anything different about transmission at a water park vs at a theme park.

This is the same as people pretending to not understand why it’s okay to not wear them dining in a restaurant but you have to in other indoor venues when distanced. No Covid does not stay out of restaurants, you just can’t eat with a mask on.

The rumor now is that Big River will move into ESPN'S spot. That's according to Stead001 at WDWmagic.
That would seem to be a good move. We were just there and learned their menu is limited (for some) as they do not have a fryer. This would allow them to really expand their menu, I'd think.

That would seem to be a good move. We were just there and learned their menu is limited (for some) as they do not have a fryer. This would allow them to really expand their menu, I'd think.
Is the space inside Big River fairly small? Wonder what would move in there!

April 1st (possible) opening for Disneyland wow! Think they can get things up and running that quickly or are we looking at a slightly later date?

edit: seems it may be for CA residents only as the state travel advisory remains in place. Interesting. Missing all the @rteetz Twitter updates right about now.

Last edited:
April 1st (possible) opening for Disneyland wow! Think they can get things up and running that quickly or are we looking at a slightly later date?

edit: seems it may be for CA residents only as the state travel advisory remains in place. Interesting. Missing all the @rteetz Twitter updates right about now.

also no indoor dining or indoor rides and the county has to be red also.

also no indoor dining or indoor rides and the county has to be red also.

Well indoor rides will be allowed as long as they meet some type of calculation of capacity and length of time indoors so assuming rides that have longer durations will be more at risk from not being allowed to open. :sad2:

No out of state visitors welcome as long as they have the tier system too it looks like. Which is extremely frustrating.

I loved Ample Hills, but I miss the candy shop, too - maybe they could bring in an ice cream/candy shop again!

I honestly wasn’t a huge fan of Ample Hills (good ice cream, but always long lines & space was sterile with no character) I was perfectly happy with the smaller ice cream shop with the candy - I agree, let’s bring Seashore Sweets back! 😊

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter