• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room availability is LOW over spring break. I would hope to see more dining options coming online for that time. I know Disney is milking it right now with highest crowds possible and lowest offerings possible to save money, but I would hope to see that start to change as they more regularly hit capacity.
Hopefully they will. After being there during the slow times earlier in the pandemic and comparing with last week, it seems it's definitely time. WDW needs to start opening more dining options, food carts (these lines get long!), and pretty much anything else. It's not July and August anymore.

Room availability is LOW over spring break. I would hope to see more dining options coming online for that time. I know Disney is milking it right now with highest crowds possible and lowest offerings possible to save money, but I would hope to see that start to change as they more regularly hit capacity.
I don't think they're going to open much more until the attendance stays at this level for a sustained period of time or until they can relax the COVID restrictions.

I agree. I am going in March and there are no reservations for table services in parks to be found. All the park avail was green then was full now is green again. Hotels that are open do not have a lot of avail. I am a teacher and I also teach summer school. So school breaks is when I can go. We have always seen large crowds for Easter when we have gone and I don’t think this year will feel any different despite reduced capacity.

Last edited:
I don't think they're going to open much more until the attendance stays at this level for a sustained period of time or until they can relax the COVID restrictions.
Yeah they either do or don't, just all guessing here. But with lines getting longer and crowds growing, more room to spread people out is in the best interest of continuing to stay safe.

it was open on the 23 rd of January and Presidents Day. and the headline says "after being closed all year..."

Yeah i don't know why whoever is on the Dis twitter posted it with that headline. Either way it's gone back and forth between being open and closed and is now back open again.

Another QS opening up in EPCOT. Hopefully can add another location with Mobile Order.
My daughter is going to be SO excited about this. She loves their beef noodles and even though I reminded her that we are going during Flower and Garden (which has SO many things that I want to try don't know how I'm gonna eat it all in only 2 Epcot days!), she was going to miss this. #firstworldproblems, lol. She will be delighted!

No chance a global pandemic combined with a limited WDW experience has severely limited the amount of people who can and are willing to go on a vacation there. It must be the piece of cloth across ones face that Disney (among countless other places) are making people wear.
Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but yes, for me and my family, it IS that piece of cloth that's keeping us away. Of course, no one knows who else feels that way, but I doubt I'm the only one.

Hopefully they will. After being there during the slow times earlier in the pandemic and comparing with last week, it seems it's definitely time. WDW needs to start opening more dining options, food carts (these lines get long!), and pretty much anything else. It's not July and August anymore.

And more of the shops! So many stores in Epcot were closed when we were there it was such a bummer. I can see the difficulty with entertainment but there's no reason (besides penny pinching) all the dining/shopping can't be open.

And more of the shops! So many stores in Epcot were closed when we were there it was such a bummer. I can see the difficulty with entertainment but there's no reason (besides penny pinching) all the dining/shopping can't be open.
So true!
Speaking of pennies ( ;) )and Epcot, my DD was disappointed because she collects the squished pennies and according to the website she checks, the places she doesn't have pennies from yet are all located in Epcot shops.

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but yes, for me and my family, it IS that piece of cloth that's keeping us away. Of course, no one knows who else feels that way, but I doubt I'm the only one.
Same! We have been passholders for 20 years, and did not renew and have stopped going because of the mask! My college daughters and their friends also are not interested in going, and are not going because of the masks! And, we are local (and really only moved to Orlando for Disney).

Masks are keeping me away in the April-October season, was doable in Jan/Feb, but it's just brutal in Florida in the summer. Wearing them briefly indoors in a grocery store is one thing. Wearing them outdoors in the heat? Non starter for me. Nowhere else in Florida am I required to wear one outdoors.

Same! We have been passholders for 20 years, and did not renew and have stopped going because of the mask! My college daughters and their friends also are not interested in going, and are not going because of the masks! And, we are local (and really only moved to Orlando for Disney).

Even after vaccinations, the mask mandate is going to be around a little longer. Even with the vaccination you can still get COVID and be asymptomatic. The mask will help prevent those who have it and don't know it from spreading it. I had a doctor's appointment two weeks ago. The day after the appointment I received a call from my doctor saying he and four others in the office had tested positive. They were all vaccinated and asymptomatic. We all wore masks but I still had to isolate until I could get the PCR test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter