• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does make sense with regards to the table as relaxation stations.

But, I mean I had a 3 course meal with drinks just a couple of days ago at the Riveria, and in a situation like that this new rule is going to be EXTREMELY hard to enforce.

Nobody is going to pay for these expensive Disney restaurants if you have to shove food in your mouth and then put your mask on to chew and then take it off again to shove more food in your mouth. They would lose money.

The practical thing is as long as there is food on your placemat then you don't need a mask.

Nobody is going to pay for these expensive Disney restaurants if you have to shove food in your mouth and then put your mask on to chew and then take it off again to shove more food in your mouth. They would lose money.

The practical thing is as long as there is food on your placemat then you don't need a mask.

I would have to agree. And that would include, breads, appetizers, drinks etc.......

i can see having to keep the mask on until your drinks and appetizers and then after your done with your meal and waiting for the check.

But, I mean I had a 3 course meal with drinks just a couple of days ago at the Riveria, and in a situation like that this new rule is going to be EXTREMELY hard to enforce.
I too enjoyed a lovely valentines dinner at the riviera and was shocked to see people leaving the tables without their masks to use the restroom or go out onto the balcony. I can see why disney is doing this and think the only people this will annoy is anyone trying to get around the rule.

I think they are reading way to much into the dining mask policy. I think the minute folks sat at the table they took their masks off and didn't put them on again until after the check. I really think this is just for folks to keep their masks on before they get any food / drinks and for them to put them back on after they are done with their meal / finished their drink. Lot of assumptions are being made based on the wording that I don't think are there. If WDW's intention was to clear up any confusion, mission failed.

Now something very interesting I just remembered.

At Tappalonios the other night we were talking to the maitre d and he did say there were some talks of adding more tables.

I am wondering now if this is being done because they are getting ready to increase capacity in the restaurant's.

This is the rule at the restaurants at DCA and Downtown Disney. Doesn’t seem to be a problem there.

And I don’t think they mean in between bites. Until food or drink arrive and when you are finished eating, table cleared.

Ok, I roll with most things but this one... I dunno. C'mon!

Nothing says "sanitary" to me like touching my mask between each bite, right? /s

I hope this one is simply a misinterpretation. I'd be fine leaving my mask on while ordering and awaiting my food... but once the food is on the table, I don't want to be touching that thing over and over again.

that would make sense for quick services but not sit down with a reservation

So people really have a problem wearing their masks when they order? And putting them back on when they’re done eating? Truly wondering. Where we live most restaurants ask you to keep them on until you receive food or drink, and put them back on when you’re done eating. I’m surprised Disney didn’t require this in the first place - I knew they did at DCA and Downtown Disney but I assumed it was the same at WDW.

I can’t imagine not wearing a mask while interacting with the server, especially if we didn’t have food or drink at the table or were finished. It protects the CMs who show up every single day to serve people on their vacations.

That is how we have been eating the few times we have dined in a restaurant since Covid. We only have our masks off when we are actively eating and drinking. So we go in with mask on, order with mask on, after server brings food/drink we remove mask and consume, then put mask back on while we wait for check, pay and leave. We don’t rush through our food, or put the mask on between bites, but we probably only have the mask off 25-30% of the total time we are in the restaurant. We even did this yesterday when dining on the outdoor patio of a restaurant and we were the only patrons who were eating outside. It’s not too inconvenient, and if they are considering allowing more guests in the restaurants I could definitely understand why they have updated their policy.

So people really have a problem wearing their masks when they order? And putting them back on when they’re done eating? Truly wondering. Where we live most restaurants ask you to keep them on until you receive food or drink, and put them back on when you’re done eating. I’m surprised Disney didn’t require this in the first place - I knew they did at DCA and Downtown Disney but I assumed it was the same at WDW.

I can’t imagine not wearing a mask while interacting with the server, especially if we didn’t have food or drink at the table or were finished. It protects the CMs who show up every single day to serve people on their vacations.

Actually yes I do. And from the many threads on FB many others do.

I think this needs to be cleaned up a little by Disney especially when it comes to sit down restaurants.

Yes I see leaving your mask on while your ordering, but once bread and drinks come people are going to take their masks off.

So Disney really should come out and say masks on while ordering and until drinks and food come, when you are finished with your meal masks on.

That’s not how it works. Use some sense. You’ll have to wear a mask until you get food/drinks and then put the masks back on if you decide to linger at the table after the meal.

I’m trying to keep an open mind to other’s perspectives, but what rock have I been under - people aren’t already doing this?

It’s common courtesy/common sense (in my opinion) to keep masks on while ordering and until drinks arrive. If we’re done eating and paying the bill/prepping to leave, time to mask up then too. That’s been the case at home and at Disney.

We’ve had some Disney servers tell us we could take them off when seated (I’m thinking specifically of two meals at the Wave) but we didn’t take them up on it. Have also been to places where they asked us to keep them on.

I don’t know, this seems like what we were already doing so seems like a non-issue. I guess others disagree!

I honestly didn't think you could take off your mask before you received your drink at WDW. Not sure why it didn't, because of course we are talking about Florida. Not sure what the big deal is. It takes only a few minutes to get your drink, and with kids you can give them snacks when you sit down, so they can take their masks off right away. You have to wear a mask all day long.. and now the uproar about having to wait 3 minutes wearing a mask to receive your drink?! No one is saying to put it on between bites

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter