Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. So it has nothing to do with use in the parks as it’s always broadcasting?
It's like I'd you have a toy with batteries, even I'd tore not playing with it as long af the switch button stays on its draining the battery

It's like I'd you have a toy with batteries, even I'd tore not playing with it as long af the switch button stays on its draining the battery
Seems a little different as the battery is actively powering the long-range RFID continuously as soon as the band is born, as opposed to a slow passive drain on the battery.

Or maybe there is no difference between the two scenarios 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Not quite. The way active RFID works there are essentially two main types of active tags: either the tag is constantly broadcasting its ID, or it waits until it's pinged by a receiver and then it replies. If it's the first type, it will use battery power at a constant rate regardless of how often you're in the park. If it's the second, it would use more battery in the parks than it would outside the parks, but eventually the battery will discharge.

Not quite. The way active RFID works there are essentially two main types of active tags: either the tag is constantly broadcasting its ID, or it waits until it's pinged by a receiver and then it replies. If it's the first type, it will use battery power at a constant rate regardless of how often you're in the park. If it's the second, it would use more battery in the parks than it would outside the parks, but eventually the battery will discharge.
Ok engineers, which is it?

There is some confusion about this "news". The news itself is based on an estimate of when vaccination will be deployed sufficiently so as to bring about herd immunity: "With vaccinations happening more rapidly in richer Western countries than the rest of the globe, it will take the world as a whole seven years at the current pace." How long it will take can be affected by increasing the availability of vaccines to those countries that currently cannot get or cannot afford vaccines. Time will tell if the countries lagging behind, including many countries that are DCL ports of call, are aided in coming up to speed.

I think we sometimes forget that many of us enjoyed fireworks at Disney for years without any projections! In some ways, I miss those days as I sometimes find myself wanting to watch 2 things at the same time.

Just a fireworks show without projections would be nice until we can get the full thing back.

I would especially be okay with it if they temporarily brought back Wishes 🤣

You know what...I never actually watched Wishes. HEA either. We are there during it, but would be on rides or what not. I did see the fireworks throughout the park though.
I sense an angry mob forming. 😏
Villagers-Beauty-Beast-75491.gif

You know what...I never actually watched Wishes. HEA either. We are there during it, but would be on rides or what not. I did see the fireworks throughout the park though.

You’re going to have your Disney card revoked.

I think Wishes is the stronger show (I will fight you, HEA lovers), but what I really miss is how much less commitment it required. Without the projections, it was so much easier to just watch it from all the different vantage points without missing out on part of the show.

You’re going to have your Disney card revoked.

I think Wishes is the stronger show (I will fight you, HEA lovers), but what I really miss is how much less commitment it required. Without the projections, it was so much easier to just watch it from all the different vantage points without missing out on part of the show.

We were only there a few times in the 2000s, so 2000 to be exact, then twice more, then 2017 and that was HEA?

Also, in my defense, it was always during Halloween season so we would be at a party one night, then avoiding MK the non- party nights if we could! :D

haha! everyone is making shocked faces at my post! Guess what, I've never seen Fantasmic either! 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter