Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry, but I am a little uncomfortable handing over any of my medical records to some random person working the gate at an amusement park that has no professional or legal obligation to protect my medical information. That random person is, also, working for a company that is under no obligation to protect or no obligation to not sell my medical information.

I've had to show my yellow fever vaccination card to any number of people including airlines, my travel agency, and at passport checkpoints. It's really not a big deal nor an invasion of medical privacy. There's no medical information other than the details of the vaccination.

I almost wonder if they will hold some things for 2023 and the 100th. We would hopefully be in a better place by then.
Honestly I see it as the best play. Things will not recover for the 50th, and Epcot’s 40th really doesn’t seem to be shaping up to much quite yet. A company wide celebration in 3 years should be much more feasible for a massive global event.

These fireworks are taking forever. Cheapeck probably changed his mind last minute because it cost too much money to test the fireworks

The only thing about requesting vaccine proof is that the vaccine needs to be widely available. Like you get a vaccine with the purchase of a Taquito at 7/11 widely available. If you’re mandating vaccines while it’s difficult to get the vaccine, you’re going to have a problem.

I almost wonder if they will hold some things for 2023 and the 100th. We would hopefully be in a better place by then.
At one point (well before COVID-19), I remember there was one plan loosely discussed amongst WDW management where the 50th would take up a good chunk of 2021 and most or all of 2022, go straight into the TWDC's 100th anniversary in 2023 and part of 2024, and then after a brief pause, they'd transition to a celebration of America's 250th birthday in 2026, sort of similar to the bicentennial celebration they had in the 70s.

This had to be at least three years ago I think (as they were finalizing capital investments for the 50th), so I'm doubtful much of it will materialize. We already know the 50th isn't happening on the original timeline. That said, celebrations can be a good way to drive attendance and don't have to mean new attractions. You can do a special parade.

The only thing about requesting vaccine proof is that the vaccine needs to be widely available. Like you get a vaccine with the purchase of a Taquito at 7/11 widely available. If you’re mandating vaccines while it’s difficult to get the vaccine, you’re going to have a problem.
I was already planning to get a vaccine but SIGN ME UP.

To be fair, every Disney park in the world closing is unprecedented. While in hindsight it’s believable, and to some at the time, we’ve havent seen the type of shutdown we had in March/April in over 100 years. So not believing WDW and DL closing for 4 months before it did is pretty reasonable.

Places require vaccinations. I have track marks on my arm from when I went to Africa. So Disney, Universal, Waffle House, Spirit Airlines all requiring vaccinations wouldn’t exactly be something unprecedented

At one point (well before COVID-19), I remember there was one plan loosely discussed amongst WDW management where the 50th would take up a good chunk of 2021 and most or all of 2022, go straight into the TWDC's 100th anniversary in 2023 and part of 2024, and then after a brief pause, they'd transition to a celebration of America's 250th birthday in 2026, sort of similar to the bicentennial celebration they had in the 70s.

This had to be at least three years ago I think (as they were finalizing capital investments for the 50th), so I'm doubtful much of it will materialize. We already know the 50th isn't happening on the original timeline. That said, celebrations can be a good way to drive attendance and don't have to mean new attractions. You can do a special parade.
They can go straight from the US Semiquincentennial celebration strait into Mickey’s 100th birthday celebration for 18 months.

I gave up on the MK firework stream in favor of the SpaceX Crew Dragon docking at ISS. While I love and miss MK fireworks, these tests just are sad reminders that we don’t have them. Plus, I had better fireworks near my house the past few nights with people celebrating Diwali.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter