Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it covering pandemic situations now?
Yes. A lot of the rental places also now say if wdw is closed they’ll let you reschedule. Also, the insurances I saw say if you or someone in your party gets sick including Covid you can cancel with a refund. I ended up getting a cancel for any reason plan. It was just slightly more expensive.

The potatoes were there last year, too-- I remember because one of them was purple in mine. 🤣
It’s the holiday festival that has the veggies. I got it at the Arts festival in January the last couple years and that one is bread bowl and cheese only. I know they also had the veggie one for the holidays last year. Root vegetables tend to be more of a fall thing, so I always figured that was the reason.

Question regarding the ADR situation . . . When you modify an ADR do you have to cancel it and make a new one, or does it allow you to make the change and keep the same confirmation number? I have never modified an ADR, only cancelled them. I feel for people who just made a minor modification and hope you still get to dine even if it’s put back to the original time. I was thinking if the confirmation number remained the same, it would provide Disney a way to know when the original reservation was made, like it does with their resort reservation numbers.

DME line right now
We've used DME over 20 times and just had this happen once in 2018. We were well past the start of the car rental booths, non socially distanced and about 8 people across! It was overwhelming to walk up to but within about 30-40 mins we were on DME and on our way to Disney. It's not a fun first impression but you're on your way to Disney!!!

I’ve generally found the line markings to work really well but good heavens, that ramp on the Thunder Mountain queue was a mess. And there are line markings but people just kinda...stopped paying attention to them and filled in allllllll the space. I stopped at a marking and the party behind me just walked right up behind me. They did back up once they realized, but yikes. Not an easy area for a cast member to police and even if they could, once it fills up it’s hard to get that area cleaned up.

I will switch to AKL for next year if the discounts are good. We rented points before and I am scared to do that again.

The renting points part of was always alluring to me up until these uncertain times. I do like having my vacation so fluid straight on the main site.

It’s the holiday festival that has the veggies. I got it at the Arts festival in January the last couple years and that one is bread bowl and cheese only. I know they also had the veggie one for the holidays last year. Root vegetables tend to be more of a fall thing, so I always figured that was the reason.

OOOOH that's what I'm thinking of! And now that you say that, I can find my photo of it. 😂 I didn't realize it was at two festivals so I just assumed we had it at the holiday festival, but it was actually the arts - hence my not remembering potatoes. Either way - IT'S REAL GOOD, Y'ALL. GET IT.

BA992E18-E271-4AAE-A6DC-B11631934AD4.jpeg

Busiest spots in Epcot is food booths in World Showcase and even those aren’t terrible. Very calm here today.
Was just at Epcot briefly. Saw a new le magicband got released found a park res, got it and left lol. Thought all the booths had decent size lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter