Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm - So I guess I just imagined the bus my family (and many other people) actually got on and rode to the Swan from DHS. :rotfl2:
Depends on what time you did this. At all times except before park opening, Disney buses don't go to the Epcot Resorts from Epcot and Studios. Early morning, we would run buses to those resorts when I was driving. After park close, sometimes we also would run a bus back. During the day, I can't ever remember doing an Epcot Resorts run in the 2 years I was assigned to Studios or Epcot.

Of course, when the boats were down, buses would run. Just didn't happen when I was scheduled.

Last edited:
Last edited:

See that’s the big question with capacity. Where do these extra reservations mysteriously come from? I have a hard time believing it’s all from cancellations.

The Imagination Bucket.

The capacity increased. This is becoming the level of believing the world is flat type stuff

The Moon Landing was filmed in a studio
The World is flat
The capacity at Disney World hasn’t raised

I wonder if capacity increases with each additional thing they open. If they open more restaurants that increases capacity limits. Same with shows. If they increase ride capacity they increase park capacity. But They are still within 25-% of park capacity.

I think they just moved the goalposts on what they’re basing the 25% off of.

There’s 2 numbers that are used for Disney parks. Average daily attendance, and Max Capacity. It was probably once 25% of the daily average, and now it’s 25% of Max capacity. Still technically 25%, but it’s a higher 25%.

considering people that were there Labor Day weekend and have been recently are saying the parks are busier now than that weekend, and all 3 buckets were filled Labor Day weekend, and right now the buckets aren’t all filled, it’s pretty straightforward to see they’re allowing more people in the parks now than they were before

Even the bigger question is how many with current AP will renew right now or in the next month or two will no clue when things will change. Since being only 2.5 hours away I know quite a few AP holders and none of them plan to renew until things are more normal. They are going some now since ether ready paid for it but they are spending less and not staying on property like they would sometimes.

I'm struggling with this right now. I'm an out of state AP and had a trip planned for June. The initial plan was to reschedule for June 2021 with the whole family but will it be worth it? I truly don't see the Covid numbers changing for the better over the next six months and I don't anticipate much being brought back at the parks by June. If I renew my AP I'd have next summer and fall to visit but I'm just not sure it's worth it. Wearing a mask is a non-issue. I'd happily visit with a mask if I thought the value was there.

I wonder if capacity increases with each additional thing they open. If they open more restaurants that increases capacity limits. Same with shows. If they increase ride capacity they increase park capacity. But They are still within 25-% of park capacity.
That makes sense. Open a shop, increase by 25% of that shop's capacity. Same for dining and Frozen Sing a Long. Add plexiglass to ToT or go through with one of the tested methods on Rise, then ride throughput increases. That allows 25% of the new throughput, in your theory. Parks operate successfully for a bit after new openings without increases in Park Pass, then they open a few spots. We don't notice for most days, but it's obvious on days like Halloween that may have been unavailable.

I do wonder if new hotel openings increase the overall by 25% of targeted hotel capacity, or if they "steal" from other ticket types. Said differently, once Art of Animation opens, does that limit day ticket, CM, and AP buckets? Once the resort guests have been given a chance to make their reservations and don't, or the resorts aren't filled to current capacity by a certain date, that's when we see restructuring and refilled availability a few weeks out for everyone but resorts. Because Disney is keeping some availability for last minute bookings, that's why we don't see resort availability grey out completely.

I hope that makes sense.

See that’s the big question with capacity. Where do these extra reservations mysteriously come from? I have a hard time believing it’s all from cancellations.
I do think it’s cancellations. And changes. Gosh a couple weeks ago I was almost ready to cancel Disney not because of Disney but because of my airline. Disney IT is just so bad they can’t automatically refill the buckets so it all waits until someone gets around to clicking the refill button.

I would think so. But nothing major has opened aside from Frozen at DHS so hard to tell. They supposedly base this number on ability to be 6 feet away according to Chapek so increased space should increase capacity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter