Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for some of my posts yesterday

Just got back from my staycation with friends. I had been looking forward to this for almost 4 months, and it was a pretty disappointing trip. Nothing from Disney's side, but more from the friends. I don't feel like going into much detail, but it's left me pretty depressed about it as this was supposed to be the only good moment for me of this year. Instead, it just made me feel even worse and more isolated/lonely.

So I am confused. There are no longer any state requirements in Florida for masks and no fines but Disney and other parks can still enforce masks and refuse entry? Just a bit confused, thanks.
There was never any state requirement for masks in FL. Disney, as a private business, has a right to create and enforce just about any rule on its property.

Just got back from my staycation with friends. I had been looking forward to this for almost 4 months, and it was a pretty disappointing trip. Nothing from Disney's side, but more from the friends. I don't feel like going into much detail, but it's left me pretty depressed about it as this was supposed to be the only good moment for me of this year. Instead, it just made me feel even worse and more isolated/lonely.

Sorry. My siblings completely messed up our last trip in 2017. Bad.

I got over it, but Covid made me mad all over again. :D

So I am confused. There are no longer any state requirements in Florida for masks and no fines but Disney and other parks can still enforce masks and refuse entry? Just a bit confused, thanks.

It's private property so they can mandate things or prohibit things that may be just fine off Disney property. Mask wearing is one now, but certain strollers, loose ice, adult costumes, etc. are other things they regulate on their own property. I hope that makes sense?

Looks like Disney is sending out a lot surveys this week. I've gotten a few and I see others online (on social media and various blogs) are reporting receiving surveys as well. They're mostly centered around the usual health and safety questions (similar to those asked back in mid/late July) but there are also some questions about experiences and entertainment in particular. They definitely seem to be trying to gage the Guest effects of bringing back some entertainment in the new fiscal year. Remember that with more theater seats, capacity goes up (and suddenly, that 30% of "capacity" is a higher number).

Is the Frozen theater that much bigger than the Theater of the Stars? I figured that with closing out one theater and opening another it was kind of a wash - capacity-wise.

Yes, if you already purchased the voucher, you can activate it at any ticket window. My parents activated at Epcot IG ticket window and we activated ours at AK (all within the past 2 weeks). Got our new yellow cards and everything.
Ok great! Thanks! I thought I remembered doing that once before.

It's private property so they can mandate things or prohibit things that may be just fine off Disney property. Mask wearing is one now, but certain strollers, loose ice, adult costumes, etc. are other things they regulate on their own property. I hope that makes sense?
Sure does, thank you.

I think Frozen will draw many more people than Theater of the Stars?

So do I - but my post was concerning park capacity. From a standpoint of determining capacity they just need to know throughput and number of seats - not perceived popularity - of an attraction.

There was never any state requirement for masks in FL. Disney, as a private business, has a right to create and enforce just about any rule on its property.
True but OC did have a mask mandate (and maybe still does although it’s really no longer enforceable).

Sorry to hear that - hope something better comes along to cheer you up

Let me know if you would prefer more of less of my poor attempts at humor ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter