Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
so (and this is definitely a cheap plug) but we just recording our podcast for this week and we had Len Testa from Touring Plan on and he had just spent 3 hours earlier today in Magic Kingdom and shared some thoughts on this (and using actually figures and things he was counting, etc.)

So he feels that at least at Magic Kingdom they are basically at the capacity they can fit with following social distancing if they don't increase offerings or other things to absorb crowds, that the queues can't take up more of the pedestrian ways at this point

BUT what he said was that "it doesn't feel crowded, it feels alive" and that even with the increased wait times, they are still way lower than normal times and actual wait times are less than posted

He also said he literally counted 1,000 people checking for mask compliance and <=1% were not wearing them properly

Podcast??? Where is this my friend?!

I want to hear what Len says. I don’t think they really get DL but I trust them on WDW.

We’ll get back to normal, but there will be more awareness. And that’s what will last the longest. Social distancing and masks will go away, whenever that may be, but that doesn’t mean everyone will ditch their mask and stand close enough to smell what a stranger ate for lunch the day those things are lifted. No one will forget what we lived through this year, and however long we deal with it, but like with everything else, there will come a time when people allow themselves to get comfortable in situations where they currently aren’t.
I dont think I agree on this.

We'll get close to pre covid normal eventually but never back 100% to how it was either regarding safety or especially with business.

Pre covid, some people already carried hand sanitizer around and used it regularly. In the east many already used masks. Years from now i think many more people will do those things than there were pre covid. Most will not though, but there will be more than before.

But the biggest noticable impact will be with businesses. Businesses won't be forgetting the last year and going back 100% to how they were. They've all been gathering a lot of data from this. They know what services that have been cut for now that customers didn't really miss. Same with products. Same with teams. Many of those things are gone forever.

I'm so sad about the GF Orchestra, every one of these cuts hurt because they are what makes Disney different and an all around entertainment destination. For me it all started when they cut 4 for a Dollar at the Theater of the Stars, from then on every CoH, Hollywood Public Works, that's been cut, Mulch Sweat and Shears, Burudika, obviously British Revolution was a huge hit. So many great performers that came to the area because Disney was the Mecca of entertainment, a friend, former CoH Francis Floot, calls Disney the golden handcuffs, you are pretty tied to them in all aspects, they expect a lot from you and then just as easily cut you off
Agree 100% on this. 4 for a dollar was the first big cut for us that was saddening.

I wonder how the conversation goes each time when disney gives them the news.... :(

But the biggest noticable impact will be with businesses. Businesses won't be forgetting the last year and going back 100% to how they were. They've all been gathering a lot of data from this. They know what services that have been cut for now that customers didn't really miss. Same with products. Same with teams. Many of those things are gone forever.

This is hard to say, yes there will be changes, business is ever changing as is. Things will change some will come back some won't, some will in different forms.

But when it comes to masks and social distancing overall those will go away, faster than some will wish. Sure a few more may choose to wear a mask and it may not look as weird but it won't ever be the majority. Many parts of Asia people wear them more because of Air quality than anything.

Over time a lot will slack more and more because its work and people tend to have short term memories.

And don't forget there are many things going on in the US right now that people are packing in closely for now and many of them haven't had outbreaks linked to them or anyone sick.

We'll get close to pre covid normal eventually but never back 100% to how it was either regarding safety or especially with business.

Pre covid, some people already carried hand sanitizer around and used it regularly. In the east many already used masks. Years from now i think many more people will do those things than there were pre covid. Most will not though, but there will be more than before.

Agree with this, but would add more businesses will be prudent with their debt load. I expect to see more publicly listed companies to have higher numbers of cash on hand (as a percentage) to sail them through rough financial waters. And I also feel that the private business sector will run trimmed budgets for years.

I agree - especially business travel and working fr home will be very different going forward for many. And even things like conferences, I think a long time (if ever) it is back to how it used to be. Not to say they won't come back at all but I think this is giving companies an opportunity to rethink everything and not just continue to do things because that is how it always was done

Drat! I didn’t have “indoor sing along” as the first entertainment show to come back to DHS on my WDW Re-opening Bingo Card.
If there is indoor singing here I am holding out hope for the Voices of Liberty. They have performed up on the big stage before - why not again?

pleeessse bring them back Disney!

I agree that we’ll get beyond masks and enforced distancing. I don’t know how long it will take people to get to the point where they’re ok with packing in to a queue in a theme park or on to a cruise ship.
I just saw pictures of people being ok with packing it in at Epcot. I was surprised. Strollers crammed together like the old days too. Long lines for food vendors and crowded too. I feel like the Governors announcement has caused people to slack. It is unfortunate because if crowds are up and they don't offer fastpass by Thanksgiving we are going to be waiting in long lines.

At this point we have to rely on peoples good nature to comply with Disney guidelines.

Looks like Disney is sending out a lot surveys this week. I've gotten a few and I see others online (on social media and various blogs) are reporting receiving surveys as well. They're mostly centered around the usual health and safety questions (similar to those asked back in mid/late July) but there are also some questions about experiences and entertainment in particular. They definitely seem to be trying to gage the Guest effects of bringing back some entertainment in the new fiscal year. Remember that with more theater seats, capacity goes up (and suddenly, that 30% of "capacity" is a higher number).

Looks like Disney is sending out a lot surveys this week. I've gotten a few and I see others online (on social media and various blogs) are reporting receiving surveys as well. They're mostly centered around the usual health and safety questions (similar to those asked back in mid/late July) but there are also some questions about experiences and entertainment in particular. They definitely seem to be trying to gage the Guest effects of bringing back some entertainment in the new fiscal year. Remember that with more theater seats, capacity goes up (and suddenly, that 30% of "capacity" is a higher number).
I got my normal post-stay survey from OKW yesterday, but it was definitely a lot more in depth than previous surveys. Focused on resort first, but then a lot of questions about parks as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter