Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main building is indeed open to Guests. Most of the restaurant and shopping facilities are there as well as Check-In. The Main Building rooms are not available to book at the moment because they are all club level (known as the Royal Palm Club). GF is unique in that it has two CLs: Sugar Loaf in an outer building and RPC in the main building). Since CL is not available right now, those rooms are not open for booking. Rest assured though that the Main Building is open and the resort is (mostly) back in all its glory.
Sorry I meant about the rooms being opened to guests in the main building, I was just wondering why they weren't showing up. Ok thanks for clarifying that. We are doing a quick 2 day trip next week and have dinner at Narcooses after MK so we are looking at switching our resort to GF.

I don't know if it really is pent up demand. Maybe for locals and AP holders. Resort are still aren't full and they only reason the resort bucket is full is they have taken many their spots and given it to AP holders and CM's. While it's good that people are returning, I think the reason for higher attendance right now is no one is blacked out right now and CM's are allowed back in the parks. There is a reason it's busy on weekends and not so much weekdays.
Why would they take spots from people wanting to spend money on resorts? and the Resorts are far from empty! Try getting a DVC room for the week of thanksgiving......there are none unless you want a Grande Villa for one night on a Tuesday.

Which begs me to ask. What are the mask rules on the Dusney golf courses?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which begs me to ask. What are the mask rules on the Dusney golf courses?
Wear them in and around the Clubhouse but once you're out on the course, you can take them off. Of course if you're playing with another party, keep your distance.

Received confirmation emails for our December split stay. I wasn't aware WDW was still doing them. Looks like they're asking people to confirm by a month out from arrival. Language:
Please confirm your vacation plans below:
  • I’m still planning on coming
    • If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel assignment. Click here for the current listing of Disney Resort hotels that are open.
    • Once selecting to confirm, we will validate your selection and provide next steps.
    • Disney Vacation Club Members who booked a Disney Vacation Club Resort will be confirmed after making this selection.
  • I’m planning on modifying my reservation
    • If you have a reservation at a Disney Resort hotel that won’t be open during your travel dates, we can help modify your Disney Resort hotel reservation. And if you have a room and theme park ticket package, we can help modify that, too.
    • After choosing this option, we will validate your selection then provide next steps.
  • I’m planning on cancelling my reservation
    • Please note, additional action will be required to cancel your reservation online.
    • After choosing this option we will validate your selection then provide next steps.

Got this same email today for our 11/30 rental at Copper Creek! We have until 10/31 to tell them what we're doing. I have *not* gotten anything for our 12/1 stay at POFQ, lol.

I am going next week with my daugther for her birthday. (It is a surprise trip! She is going to lose it!!) Anyway, we are VERY cautious with COVID and while we have eaten outside a good bit, we have only eaten inside a few times, and only when we have double checked precautions. (masking, good distancing). I have made ADR's for the trip, but was wondering how receptive they are to requests for a different table (more distanced) or if we don't feel good about the set up and want to leave, will we be charged? Based on everything I have read, it should be fine, but wanted to double check. Also, are they ok with me spraying down the table etc before we sit? (I have lysol)

Yes! You can ask to be moved. We were placed at a table at Liberty Tree Tavern in July where I did not feel comfortable AT ALL. Basically my daughter's chair backed up into the chair of the boy sitting behind her if either of them pushed out too far. That was too close for comfort for me. My husband asked for us to be reseated somewhere that was not as close to another table and they took us into a different room where the tables around us where not occupied.

That said, it was the ONLY time in our 10 day trip that I felt that way. And we had at least one table service ADR every day.

I don't know if it really is pent up demand. Maybe for locals and AP holders. Resort are still aren't full and they only reason the resort bucket is full is they have taken many their spots and given it to AP holders and CM's. While it's good that people are returning, I think the reason for higher attendance right now is no one is blacked out right now and CM's are allowed back in the parks. There is a reason it's busy on weekends and not so much weekdays.

Funny because a member today said that getting into DHS parking lot today was more of a wait that it was during Labor Day weekend. Last I checked today was Thursday, and I don’t believe that counts as a weekend, unless things have changed. Also, the wait times on Monday, again, unless things have changed, not a weekend, we’re outrageously long. So I think you’re continuing to straw man excuses to make your narrative that has been debunked weeks ago. But continue on with your theories

Update re: Chefs de France. Nobody I’ve talked to seems to know anything about a potential reopening. That doesn’t mean it’s not. Since it’s a third party restaurant, most CMs/managers wouldn’t know about its reopening probably until a few days before at most. That said, that also makes an opening tomorrow unlikely. I also see Disney has removed the general hours until 10/8, which makes me believe that’s the reopening date. A reopen two weeks from now probably wouldn’t start “getting around” until later next week, so it appears that Chefs de France may be reopening Thursday, October 8!
I'm live tomorrow from Epcot starting at 3pm, I'll make sure to look over there and see if there's any indication of opening

Ride Figment for me! Its our new arrival day tradition and its been a while and I'm really missing it today. 🙂

There needs to be a middle ground of people riding it. Enough that Disney sees they need Figment to have an attraction, but not too much that they think people love the current iterationand they don’t need to make it better in a refurb

Not only are resorts not full, many of them are still closed!

If the parks are this busy with the resorts in their current state does that mean resorts are always that low on occupancy this time of year? Makes me wonder if disney may consider making some seasonal permanently.

it would be a mind numbingly short sighted and breathtakingly absurd business decision to use the resort attendance numbers from 2020, during an unprecedented global pandemic which has cut off travel to dozens of countries not to mention individual states, and furloughed hundreds of regular and part time employees, to support a shift to seasonal resort operations going forward.

it would be a mind numbingly short sighted and breathtakingly absurd business decision to use the resort attendance numbers from 2020, during an unprecedented global pandemic which has cut off travel to dozens of countries not to mention individual states, and furloughed hundreds of regular and part time employees, to support a shift to seasonal resort operations going forward.
I see what you did there...... pirate:

There needs to be a middle ground of people riding it. Enough that Disney sees they need Figment to have an attraction, but not too much that they think people love the current iterationand they don’t need to make it better in a refurb

I rode it in the 80s and now. I love both versions in different ways.

Did y’all see the news about Tom Sawyer Island and the riverboat closing for refurbishment Oct 5-Jan 2? I know these aren’t exactly COA level attractions, but jeez, is it really a good idea to take anything out of service right now? Surely those attractions eat up a few people per hour anyway. I can’t post the link, only see it reported on a banned site.

Did y’all see the news about Tom Sawyer Island and the riverboat closing for refurbishment Oct 5-Jan 2? I know these aren’t exactly COA level attractions, but jeez, is it really a good idea to take anything out of service right now? Surely those attractions eat up a few people per hour anyway. I can’t post the link, only see it reported on a banned site.
In the News thread this morning.

Ride Figment for me! Its our new arrival day tradition and its been a while and I'm really missing it today. 🙂

It's been a while since I rode Figment as it's sits solidly at rock bottom of rides/attractions I need to do at EPCOT. Frankly the best part of Figment are the interactive activities after the ride, which I'm sure are not available at the moment.

Don't they close Splash (and Kali at AK) for a while in Jan for maintenance - or is that just weather related like when they shut down the water park due to temps? Also, I'm having brain cramp as to when but wasn't the Riverboat recently refurbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter