Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else see this? Ability to order Food "to go" from Table Service locations bia the app? Sort of a good idea if you want something specific and still nervous about eating inside - but also feels like an expensive option as part of cost of table service is the environment (at least some (BoG, Sci Fi, etc)

I'll be interested to see this rolled out. It seems like a great solution for giving guests more dining options at resorts when the TS spots are booked to capacity, as well as increase revenue for Disney. I hope it works out well.

I would have loved that for resort restaurants when I was there last week. I could have made my kids something in the villa and enjoyed a nice table service dinner for myself.
I thought the same thing about resort restaurants. Not sure I’d use it for the parks. Eating Skipper Canteen on top of a trash can is somehow less appealing than doing the same thing with a dog from Casey’s.
It might speed up the process to pre-order in the parks with this functionality, but I’d still want a table (and I’d still tip as I did before).

I just updated my app but still don’t see it. Am I missing something?? This would be so awesome.

If you go into the normal Order Food section now there's an option for "Sanaa To Go". That's the only TS restaurant on there at the moment.

Once you select time you get this screen:
PSX_20200918_110907.jpg

If you go into the normal Order Food section now there's an option for "Sanaa To Go". That's the only TS restaurant on there at the moment.

Once you select time you get this screen:
View attachment 526682
I’m wondering if they will roll this out slowly to mainly resort restaurants, and especially those restaurants that might not be performing to their full potential. I can’t see them adding too many spots like this to somewhere that Is always full and will make wait times for dine in guests longer.

Anyone else see this? Ability to order Food "to go" from Table Service locations bia the app? Sort of a good idea if you want something specific and still nervous about eating inside - but also feels like an expensive option as part of cost of table service is the environment (at least some (BoG, Sci Fi, etc)

Seems like a great idea for resort restaurants!

I wonder if this works for those not at the resort....like if I'm at CBR, can I order from Sanaa and drive over to pick it up?

That sucks and does not bode well for more disney resorts to open.

While sad, it's totally expected. I'm sure if Disney hasn't already, layoffs will be coming soon. And I think it's more the conventions, etc., cancelling than anything else that is hurting some of these resorts.

I don't think it bodes one way of the other for more resort openings. I'm sure the layoffs were in play for some time now and future bookings can't play into money already lost this year at this point. I imagine Disney already knows what they plan to open.

That sucks and does not bode well for more disney resorts to open.
I’ve never stayed at these resorts. Are they mostly conference-goers? If so, they would be hit hard. Virtually every Corporate/business conference was cancelled/rescheduled this year.

TS food to go is an awesome idea and something that might genuinely convince some people to make a trip who might have been on the fence due to not wanting to eat exclusively QS and also not wanting to eat inside. It is especially nice for DVC folks who have a kitchen/eating space. With parks closing early it would be nice to get a to-go meal from your resort TS and eat it in your villa.

We would have loved to-go TS at the resorts when we were there earlier this week. Unfortunately, the kids menu at most monorail resort QS places is currently identical and severely limited. Good luck finding a vegetable at one of them. The TS menus at least offer a little variety.

On the positive side, we found the food to be fresher and better prepared than before across the board during this trip, at both QS and TS restaurants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter