Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any word on sassagoula boats or friendship boats? Does anyone know why they haven’t opened with social distancing like the buses? I would think since they are open air or at least more open air than buses for sure that they would have opened by now. We are staying OKW for Thanksgiving and it would be nice to have the boats if we decide to take a trip to Disney Springs.
Nothing been rumored as to their reopening. They did just reopen the friendship boats that operate within Epcot though, going back and forth across the lagoon in WS. I’m guessing the Sassagoula boats will be the last to reopen due to the lack of area for people to socially distance and wait for them, especially at OKW. Pre-COVID you had to wait at the rope at the top of the dock, which also happened to be the main walkway from the rest of the resort and the main pool. So unless they’re going to open the actual dock, which would have to then either have railings installed or a full time CM positioned there at all times to make sure people don’t fall in, I don’t see them opening those boats until most restrictions are lifted.

Nothing been rumored as to their reopening. They did just reopen the friendship boats that operate within Epcot though, going back and forth across the lagoon in WS. I’m guessing the Sassagoula boats will be the last to reopen due to the lack of area for people to socially distance and wait for them, especially at OKW. Pre-COVID you had to wait at the rope at the top of the dock, which also happened to be the main walkway from the rest of the resort and the main pool. So unless they’re going to open the actual dock, which would have to then either have railings installed or a full time CM positioned there at all times to make sure people don’t fall in, I don’t see them opening those boats until most restrictions are lifted.
Thank you. Good to know. I have never stayed at OKW so I was unaware of the line situation for the boats. That’s okay buses will be fine. I’ll just be happy to be there and to try a new resort.

And DL is likely to be one that may complain more about no park hopping (assuming it's the same there) because a park hopper is SOOO convinet there since the two parks are about a football field apart. It's so easy to move from one park to the other in the middle of the day that no hopping will have a bigger effect on people there.
Folks having packages rebooked are getting MaxPass axed but not park hopping.

Open Trader Sams, damnit. Well, the Terrace at least. The inside probably shouldn’t open for a while. I dont think you could be 6 ft from anyone in Trader Sams even if you’re the only one in the bar

Well now that the Florida bars are reopening starting Monday, I would think it's a possibility. Although the 50% capacity would really hamper an already small Trader Sams.

And DL is likely to be one that may complain more about no park hopping (assuming it's the same there) because a park hopper is SOOO convinet there since the two parks are about a football field apart. It's so easy to move from one park to the other in the middle of the day that no hopping will have a bigger effect on people there.

After going to WDW last month it was much clearer to see why park hopping wasn’t available. It definitely has to do with safety to some extent, but a lot of it has to do with the parks being so spread out. The amount of busses they’d need even with the reduced crowds would far exceed what they’re currently running. Pair that with the hours even before this week and it’s not worth it for the guest, and Disney knows that. And you cant really make it available for APs because not every AP is a local, some depend on the busses as well.

If I were to guess, when Disneyland opens, park hopping will be available. I wouldnt be shocked if it weren’t, but logistically it would make sense to open it up with PH. The only reason I’d imagine it wont be available would be because of the demand from the locals and if both parks are at capacity, you can’t really offer hopping

We wont arrive till next week so I have no idea how it will feel to be in the parks but from what I am seeing here things are progressing. Although the big items like Party's are not happening, the small steps seem to be moving forward. It seems like everyday a new restaurant, shop, bar, etc is opening. Feels like it's a really good direction!

We have also started to see the ad's on TV in the Kansas City area...Go Chiefs!

Who on earth would pay that? Without the princesses how can they justify that price?
Me too and just...no. It also looks like it will only be open for lunch and that menu is :sad2:.

They did reduce the price but only ~18%

So Adults are now $62 vs $75 and kids are now $37 instead of $45

And it is open for dinner time too but they are only using one menu now (listed as lunch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter