Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But do they actually allow it in their rules? Or are they just not enforcing the rules as well as Disney?

We were in TN and Dollywood stated when taking photos. Other parks even when pekple
Ask they get the green light. Disney it’s mainly just photopass thay is strict with it because the bottom line is there are ton of pics still being taking without masks on. I see it all the time from friends that are going on FB.

Last edited by a moderator:

But with the amount of food options at Epcot you’d imagine that those would offset additional rides. So imo it probably evens out, or at least comes close to evening out. It’s strange that with what seems to be more out-of-State guests this weekend that it would be Epcot that they chose. DHS seemed to be as crowded as any other Fri-Sat. Animal Kingdom seemed to have picked up as well. It’ll go back to “normal” post covid crowds this upcoming weekend.

As coronavirus affects the park experience I'm hoping this is appropriate in this thread.

8 day trip with 7 day park tickets, which park should be the 1 time visit?

I'm thinking HS, but the last time I visited was before Star Wars land ... I have ridden slinky dog dash though. So even though what, 3 new rides if you include Mick n Minnies Runaway Railway, I'm worried about hassle of getting boarding passes to ROTR and such.
I know a lot of folks might vote Epcot with all the construction, but it's always been one of my favorites and I just love World Showcase, and yes, Animal Kingdom but now with Pandora and .... hmmmm, what are some other thoughts on this?
Sure wish park hopper was available! Oh, nothing set in stone but potential timeframe would be Christmas week.
You seem to know the parks, what you like etc, so don't rely on us. Honestly, if I had an 8 day trip right now I would do MK twice, other parks once, and then 3 resort/DS days. If you geg there early you can easily do everything in a day, so it's really more about where you just like to hang out.

I just started watching Resort TV1's live stream from MK and they tapped in to Thunder Mountain. Are they using a virtual queue? Both sides of the line open.

Forget Disney, tons of kids have to get used to wearing them daily at school.

3 months ago, I could not fathom making my kids (4 and 5) wear a mask all day at WDW.

Now my kindergartener happily puts on her mask and skips into her classroom, keeps it on all day with no problems and no complaints. Not even a mention of it. My 4 year old has also adjusted to masks very well. They would have no trouble in the parks. Still not going anytime soon, but it has nothing to do with concerns about my kids wearing masks.

Many kids we know are adjusting to masks better than their parents are 🤣

Last edited:
3 months ago, I could not fathom making my kids (4 and 5) wear a mask all day at WDW.

Now my kindergartener happily puts on her mask and skips into her classroom, keeps it on all day with no problems and no complaints. Not even a mention of it. My 4 year old had also adjusted to masks very well. They would have no trouble in the parks. Still not going anytime soon, but it has nothing to do with concerns about my kids wearing masks.

Many kids we know are adjusting to masks better than their parents are 🤣

My daughter is two and a half. It was a struggle to have her wear one for a 20 minute doctors appointment. My older two children (16, 8) aren’t an issue. If Disney brought back the fireworks, parades, and raised the mask requirement to 4+, I would consider going.

I’d much rather have the Rona gone and life back to normal.

Thought this was interesting from the article considering how much conversation there was on the differences between the Disney & Universal approaches way back when.

"Here’s where I need to admit that I was wrong. For weeks, I advocated for Universal Orlando’s regular entry and against theme park reservations. My argument was that Disney Park Pass would seldom be necessary, and instead add unnecessary friction to the process that would discourage visitors and further suppress attendance. (Sarah never agreed with me, for what it’s worth.)

That argument remains valid, but this weekend lays bare the pitfalls to such an approach. Disney Park Pass might be overly conservative and a hassle, but it underscores how Walt Disney World is emphasizing safety right now. Without question, Disney could see higher attendance and make more money by simply using a first-come, first-served system."

My daughter is two and a half. It was a struggle to have her wear one for a 20 minute doctors appointment. My older two children (16, 8) aren’t an issue. If Disney brought back the fireworks, parades, and raised the mask requirement to 4+, I would consider going.

I’d much rather have the Rona gone and life back to normal.

so would everyone...

back to the topic of this thread...

I have been in and out of here all weekend but it looks as though DFB posted some pics of the inside of Casey’s with some social distancing queue numbers. And I’m very excited about what that could mean - they saw that at Gastons before the official announcement soooo maybeee SOOON??

Will someone point me in the right direction to the "re-opening" list of resorts, restaurants, etc.

TIA

Will someone point me in the right direction to the "re-opening" list of resorts, restaurants, etc.

TIA
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/
If you scroll down to the section with the blue background, you'll see links to various pages (Resort Hotels, Dining, etc...) that will tell you what hotels and restaurants are open as well as what other experiences and amenities are available and unavailable right now.

so would everyone...

back to the topic of this thread...

I have been in and out of here all weekend but it looks as though DFB posted some pics of the inside of Casey’s with some social distancing queue numbers. And I’m very excited about what that could mean - they saw that at Gastons before the official announcement soooo maybeee SOOON??
This would make me happy if they opened it. Especially since I went ahead and scheduled a trip over Christmas week. I'm hoping we slowly hear more and more things opening, yay.
I do think though, the big 2 I want are not going to happen, but here's to hoping!
1. Epcot's candlelight processional
2. Remy's
And for a bonus 3rd, longer evening hours!

It's hard to tell honestly. A number of locations without reopening dates set have their social distancing protocols already set up (YS for example), but with the situation so fluid and Disney seemingly calling off and on reopenings left and right, it's hard to know for sure. Most of the indoor shows, for example, have had their social distancing protocols set up since basically the parks reopened but those shows still haven't come back (even though most of us, and even some of the performers, thought they'd be back by Labor Day). It's all just so up in the air.

That said, I've seen some reports/concerns that Disney wouldn't open Casey's and the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor for a while explicitly because of social distancing. I can't speak for the Parlor, but I know there has absolutely been discussions about how Casey's would operate to accommodate social distancing. There's a plan to do it, so it's just a matter of when the powers at be feel like it would be financially viable (here's hoping soon!).

We did AK today and had a great time! I posted a full report on the "Here Now & Just Back" thread. We were able to do everything we wanted to today after arriving at 11am. Saved the Pandora area for the last hour and a half and did Navi with a 15 minute wait and then FoP twice in a row with a 10 minute wait first time and just the time it took to walk through the line the second time.

Happy to have gotten through the holiday weekend without too much of the craziness we had feared. Mass exodus of people from the Boardwalk as we were leaving this morning, so we think parks will really be clearing out after today if that was any indicator.

HS tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter