Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m seeing YC. Pulled up for a random Nov date & random June date for me.

Standard GDT rooms are a popular category I think. I’ve mostly been able to get them when I want but it takes a lot of checking sometimes. Makes me wonder if they didn’t build the right ratio of Queen/king/suites in GDT... Or is it people don’t want to pay the K upcharge? I opt for the 2 queens at GDT on solo trips just because it’s cheaper than booking a K.

ETA: they have been tweaking the booking system fwiw and that can upset the IT booking apple cart. All CL rooms were pulled a day or two ago (Disney has been booking them starting 1/1/21).

We booked a Tower Water view- queen! Just two of us so King would be fine but we didn't feel like paying more for it.

Just returned from three weeks at Disney and Universal.

I wouldn’t return to Universal on a weekend (in near future, at least) unless they paid me in gold bricks and had six burly men carry me around in a Cleopatra litter. Crowded, plus mask and social distancing compliance were terrible.

Other than that, pretty much a wash. On UO weekdays and all days at WDW, mask compliance was decent, but not perfect. Social distancing in lines was fine. Just wait until everyone else exits a ride because there is a mass bolt for the exit and social distancing is ignored. I liked that UO makes sanitizer mandatory, but also that WDW cleaned rides every couple hours, both are good protocols (wish both companies were doing both!).

Hope that helps a bit. My HP fan kids are tween and teen and experienced WWoHP for first time this trip and it was pretty magical to witness even at their ripe old ages.

I’d like to ask for some advice from those who have been to both Universal and Disney in the last couple of weeks. I’m thinking about taking my kids down after Labor Day for a break and virtual learn from the hotel. I was at Epcot and MK in late July and felt very safe. However, my son is really getting into Harry Potter and he has never been to Universal. We were at City Walk the week after July 4 and felt very uncomfortable. Granted we felt similarly as DS, we also didn’t have to walk through DS to get to the parks. That being said- would you choose MK/AK or US/IoA based on mask usage, enforcement, and cleaning protocols right now?

Bonkers. Was crazy enough when they got rid of the uk 14 day ticket.

It's still not clear what they want people staying longer to do - get APs? Buy multiple 7 day tickets? Or just do 7 days onside then go to universal for the rest??????!

That’s actually what we would do if they downgraded our tickets. Universal is having a buy two get two free days option right now.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but the new Lululemon at Disney Springs finally opened (I think yesterday?).

I am overjoyed, my husband is definitely not 🤣 I'll be heading over there this week.

I'm kind of surprised a brand new store opened in the midst of all the craziness to be honest, but I think that it is a great sign.

Not sure if this was mentioned yet but the new Lululemon at Disney Springs finally opened (I think yesterday?).

I am overjoyed, my husband is definitely not 🤣 I'll be heading over there this week.

I'm kind of surprised a brand new store opened in the midst of all the craziness to be honest, but I think that it is a great sign.

Oh yaa, another store who's clothes are too expensive and I can't fit into lol

Posted in the news round up since it’s not really Covid ops related.

No idea if this is company wide or not, but the Lulu here has been really good with COVID precautions and are also offering blocks of time during the day for appointment shopping so you don’t have to wait to get in or shop with crowds (they keep in store numbers pretty low at least ours does).

In case anyone needs shopping spree motivation. 😊

I beg to differ. Whether they opened it in December or in 2021 it wouldn’t have made much of a difference. When this ride works it works well.

Thats not saying much about the reliability of a multi million dollar investment. Its a lemon as far as rides go. Doesnt mean its a bad ride, just that they put nowhere near enough testing and design/development into it. With it running daily now, the chance to actually fix those problems in a timely manner is gone.

Thats not saying much about the reliability of a multi million dollar investment. Its a lemon as far as rides go. Doesnt mean its a bad ride, just that they put nowhere near enough testing and design/development into it. With it running daily now, the chance to actually fix those problems in a timely manner is gone.
Again I don’t believe that is the case. You also have no blueprint on this. This isn’t an omnimover or something they’ve done before. It’s not one issue either. There are 4 ride systems in 1 here. If any of those 4 aren’t operating correctly the entire ride is down. They’ll run with a broken effect.

That said we are moving too far off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter