Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically how soon could this happen? Any shot of seeing FOTLK when we are at AK next week?
The venues have all already been retrofitted (like the rest of WDW) to promote physical distancing. All they need are the actors. Given the logistics of bringing back all of these performers, going through some COVID-19 training, and having some rehearsals, next week might not happen, but these shows should be back very, very soon. Really great news!

Would be very exciting to see shows return. Definitely would lessen the blow of having to pay the same price and provide some glorious A/C for the last few hot months of the year.

The venues have all already been retrofitted (like the rest of WDW) to promote physical distancing. All they need are the actors. Given the logistics of bringing back all of these performers, going through some COVID-19 training, and having some rehearsals, next week might not happen, but these shows should be back very, very soon. Really great news!

I arrive in 2 weeks, so this is super exciting news!

I would think it'd be one of their top priorities since it's insanely profitable.

I’m not so sure... Savi’s seemed to be doing just fine selling legacy light sabers when I was there in July. I wasn’t able to get a Ahsoka saber because they were sold out and there was usually a line to get in. I saw lots of people walking out with Legacy sabers. I think they sold more legacy sabers at Savi’s in July than they did when I was there pre-Covid on a normal day.

I’m just not so sure a socially distant show would be more profitable than what’s currently there. I hope it’s a priority, but it wouldn’t surprise me if selling the Legacy sabers at Savi’s is just as profitable, if not more so than the build a saber experience.

I hope they find a way to do both. Go back to doing shows, but find a better place to sell legacy sabers than the Jedi temple store.

Really hoping for shows to start back up soon...I'll be in DHS on the 24th, and DAK on the 27th, so it would be nice to see some shows at those parks. At least there's the modified Up show at DAK regardless.

Because there are some rules that are so arbitrary that it frustrates people. It may be a families one and only trip that they saved a lifetime for and they would like some normal memories of it.

Im not here to debate masks as in general I agree, but there are exceptions like that situation that need to be made and should/would have no effect on the anyone else.
Sorry no exceptions, Disney let’s it slide here, then they let it slide over there, and then we all slide down the slippery slope and no one follows the rule. If they saved a lifetime they knew what they were getting into before they came. The effect could be that one person has COVID and then someone passes by and breathes in the virus they then have covid. That’s how it starts. Thats why we can’t get it under control!

I’m not so sure... Savi’s seemed to be doing just fine selling legacy light sabers when I was there in July. I wasn’t able to get a Ahsoka saber because they were sold out and there was usually a line to get in. I saw lots of people walking out with Legacy sabers. I think they sold more legacy sabers at Savi’s in July than they did when I was there pre-Covid on a normal day.

I’m just not so sure a socially distant show would be more profitable than what’s currently there. I hope it’s a priority, but it wouldn’t surprise me if selling the Legacy sabers at Savi’s is just as profitable, if not more so than the build a saber experience.

I hope they find a way to do both. Go back to doing shows, but find a better place to sell legacy sabers than the Jedi temple store.
Didn't they used to sell the legacy sabers at some other shop and just move them into Savi's because of no building your own?

Didn't they used to sell the legacy sabers at some other shop and just move them into Savi's because of no building your own?

Yes, but it’s hard to sell something that you can’t see all that well. At Savi’s all of the legacy sabers are out right now and the double sabers are all put together. They just seemed to be selling so many more of the Legacy Sabers this way than they ever did at the other location, even with larger crowds.

Was there a list anywhere of what was unavailable because of this? I know lion king and Nemo at AK and Frozen at HS, what else? Happy to be on the lookout for it when I am there
Is there really enough people in the parks to need to bring back most of the shows the actors are involved in right now? I know the these add to the enjoyment, but just not sure how many of these people are going to be called back right now.

Is there really enough people in the parks to need to bring back most of the shows the actors are involved in right now? I know the these add to the enjoyment, but just not sure how many of these people are going to be called back right now.
I think it would be a good idea to bring back shows in DHS, they were real people eaters and that’s definitely the most busy park right now. I don’t think DAK needs the shoes in terms of crowd, but they did add atmosphere.

Yes, but it’s hard to sell something that you can’t see all that well. At Savi’s all of the legacy sabers are out right now and the double sabers are all put together. They just seemed to be selling so many more of the Legacy Sabers this way than they ever did at the other location, even with larger crowds.

They're probably selling more because that's the only option.

Sorry no exceptions, Disney let’s it slide here, then they let it slide over there, and then we all slide down the slippery slope and no one follows the rule. If they saved a lifetime they knew what they were getting into before they came. The effect could be that one person has COVID and then someone passes by and breathes in the virus they then have covid. That’s how it starts. Thats why we can’t get it under control!

If you are really that concerned then they obviously shouldnt be open. The same can happen if you walk past someones table when they are eating or a million other scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter